Splitting the Ravenwing Attack Squadron

Dark_Master

Hello All,

Under the last codex I had three RAS.

Now the three speeders are going to join my Dark Shroud in a Ravenwing Support Squadron.

Wondered what people thought was the best way to run the remaining bikes?

i) Three bike squads with attached Attack bike

or

ii) Three bike squads + 3 bike Attack bike squad.

Thoughts?

DM

I think I'm going to be running my attack bikes in my 6man biker squads and attach them to a landspeeder for RWAS goodness.  Fit them all with MM/MG/Combi-MG and use the 3 basic guys (and sgt after his 1st shot) to not have to jink for a round or 2 while melting all my usual opponents very vehicle heavy lists at BS5. 

Don't know if this is a good plan or not though :p

i own 2 RWAS so 12 bikes and 2 AB and 2 LS...

I have 1 AB more and 2 LS more...

i think i will use the AB as a single squadron to use them to fill the two mandatory slots in the RWSF together with a 6 men BK squadron...

the 6 bikes +1 LS will become a RWAS formation so i will have two of them and iwill buy another LS to make up a RWSS formation together with the only DS i own...

• 1 year later...

DM,

the RWSS is solid for sure, Interceptor and Strafing run....its hard to beat....then add ravenshield......dear lion above.

as for your question about the remaining bikes, my preference would be your second option, where as you no longer have the +1BS on those MM AB's, you maximise the unit to have 3 shots per target. you don't get re-rolls on those bad boys, so increase chances by ganging up would be my thought. in addition, it now becomes a T5 unit with 6 wounds, S8 AP2 3+ armour save and a 4+ re-roll jink...that can move 24". that's a tough unit to wipe.

another way to look at the 3x AB squad its ~ 165 points.....but what a danger to mech. it will be a total bullet magnet, while your juicer stuff turbos up the board.

Archived