FW Dark Angels upgrade kit

I've posted it elsewhere so I won't repeat myself.

Just a reminder for those of you who are unaware or have forgotten. There were only 2 Calibanite Lions killed, one by The Lion and another by Zahariel. Luther was very jealous of the fact he never killed one. Also Caliban beasts were thought to be 2 of a kind. Therefore a bunch of dark angels running around with the pelts of lions is pretty unlikely.

You could still do pelts. Fur looks like fur. Just paint it different colors for different beasts.

That being said, it would be a great way to mark out characters (Corswain!!!) or to differentiate Terran and Calibanite Astartes. Just a few here and there.

Keep the pelts.  I'm not into the Space Puppies look and they didn't follow them into 40k.  I like the armor, but again I think the knightly look will but what may come to differentiate Terrans from Calabanites or at minimum Vets and Leaders.  Must say tabards would be preferred similar to the art work on the HH books.  I like some robes just like winged helms, but to go to battle in robes just doesn't do it for me unless you are a DW/RW Knight or Company Master/HQ.  Most of my models will be tabards.  

As the Chappy said earlier, I will probably dive into some 30K now.  The helms are coming, if not the green stuff works wonders.

Never Forget! Never Forgive!

Yuck is all I have to say. Where are the great helms? The armets? Where are the pelts, the wings, the cloaks, the robes, lion iconography, etc? They just look like generic marines, not Dark Angels. I also don't know where those helmets came from.

I can't say that I'm impressed with the da conversions. Granted, they are a work in progress, so they could change some. But the shoulder pads shown are my last favorite part of those models.

A Da mastodon(the super heavy tank) would be awesome. Though it looks a little big to be delivered by thunderhawk.

Archived