How do you... tactical squad?

Corrupted

Oh yes, of cause it is. However, do not make the mistake of going full Grav. It is limited in its application. You are better served with Plasma and Melta against Tanks. I faced pure Grav lists before and they failed to open my METAL BAWKSES.

My standard for the Lion's Blade is a 10-man Squad with Melta, Combi-Melta, Multi-Melta and Melta Bombs. They get a drop pod, land it on an objective, then pop a vehicle and generally disrupt and annoy until they die.

Then I run two 5 man squads with plasma guns to hold backfield objectives while the rest of my army does its business. I don't generally waste Grav Guns on Tactical squads when they're better suited to my Ravenwing Attack Squadrons.

Oh yes, of cause it is. However, do not make the mistake of going full Grav. It is limited in its application. You are better served with Plasma and Melta against Tanks. I faced pure Grav lists before and they failed to open my METAL BAWKSES.

Never fear, at $5 apiece and up on eBay, I cannot afford to go all in on Grav msn-wink.gif I'll get them for my bikes and a box of Devs at some point, but Tacs are in the back of the issuing line for Grav-guns.

I agree that bodies over wargear seems to be thw better way to go. Dont have the grav cannons to try them out, but 5 man with plasla or 5 man with heavy bolter can still pack a sizeable punch against most stuff. Cheap, and usefull.

After updating my army for the new book, I've got 2 squads each of plasma, melta, and grav matching up combi special and heavy.

I think technically grav cannon is best for the plasma squad too, but I kept them diversified for fluff.

I also have 2 BA tac squads with heavy flamer, flamer, and dual hand flames for allying in.

Archived