Supreme fire discipline

lamenter84

In the command benefits there is company support (2 demi companies get dedictated transports for free) there is SUPREME FIRE DISCIPLINE (unless jinking all models in this formation that have grim resolve S/R fire over watch using their NORMAL B/S) haven't seen anyone comment on this..... just the normal fire discipline (which is B/S 2 over watch)

I would imagine that this effects all units in lions blade strike force that have grim resolve. Seems crazy strong especially with the 2 different raven wing choices

Or am I mistaken

This is why I've been taking the RW support squadron as my aux choice in the lion's blade. It gets to overwatch against a charging unit withing 24" at BS5. That's on heck of an assault deterrent!

This is why I've been taking the RW support squadron as my aux choice in the lion's blade. It gets to overwatch against a charging unit withing 24" at BS5. That's on heck of an assault deterrent!

Yep, but don't forget that "Ravenshield" rule work only if enemy unit declares a charge agains your unit with "Ravenwing" rule. So in Lion's Blade this rule work only if enemy charges RW attack squadron.

I doubt that this rule work if enemy charge formation itself (but I could wrong about this).

Yep, but don't forget that "Ravenshield" rule work only if enemy unit declares a charge agains your unit with "Ravenwing" rule. So in Lion's Blade this rule work only if enemy charges RW attack squadron.

I doubt that this rule work if enemy charge formation itself (but I could wrong about this).

Nope you are right , it only works for friendly models with ravenwing rule. So if you take Lionsblade with RWSS only RWSS can use ravenshield on themselves since there are no other units with RW special rule.

Supreme fire discipline is only when you take 2 demi to form a battle company. 1 demi only gives you +1 to the normal bonus

I'm not sure that's right. As I read it the Supreme fire disapline rule is from the lions blade so you need 1 core and 1 auxiliary and units in both get it. Taking 2 core gives you the free transports.

That's true, I neglected to mention that part. I generally run my lion's blad with a lot of RW support so I tend to forget about the greenies.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The formation has the RW special rule, and is within 24" of itself. There is also no mention that it is exempt from using the ravenshield on itself. The only thing that I see that needs to be kept in mind is that LoS is drawn from the weapons on the vehicles, so someone flanking or coming up the rear may be safe from the overwatch.

Supreme fire discipline is only when you take 2 demi to form a battle company. 1 demi only gives you +1 to the normal bonus

Supreme fire discipline is for the lion's blade. To run a lion's blade, you just need one core and one aux. so one demi company plus an aux choice still gets the overwatch on full BS.

Taking two Demi's with one a CM and the other a Librarian ? i think it was gives you free transports essentially but everyone gets the supreme fire discipline. 

1 chaplain, not librarian.

Grim resolve = overwatch at bs2

Fire discipline (from just a demi company)= bs3

Supreme fire discipline (lion blade strike force)=full bs

I wasn't sure either.  Thanks for clarifying.

Taking two Demi's with one a CM and the other a Librarian ? i think it was gives you free transports essentially but everyone gets the supreme fire discipline.

1 chaplain, not librarian.
Yes but if you take 2 demi companies you can take 2 command units (1 per each core) so you can have 2 librarians... :)

Archived