Black Storm Talons

Karhedron

I recently picked up a couple of cheap Storm Talons to allow me to field a Stormwing formation should I so desire. Only downside is that they have already been primed black. I could prime them again in red but I am wondering about sticking with the black.

I could add red and bone trim to give a Death company-ish colour scheme. The only vehicles I have seen in DC colours are Dreadnoughts and transport vehicles. Can anyone think of a good justification why Storm Talons might be in DC colours (apart from the fact that BAs stupidly aren't suppose to have them in the first place)?

I am guessing that marines who have sucumbed to the Black Rage are not the best choice of pilots. :D

If you don't feel confident about about giving them a another rattlecan layer, why not prime them by hand? 

Water down some citadel base slightly and you still get a nice even coat in just two layers, without destroying any details.

Why not do one of each?

Having a few black death company hulls mixing up all the red in the army I always thought looked sick, so I told myself when I start getting into multiples of vehicles....do one black don't look back!!!

Goodluck!

Why not paint a few panels in red and use it as an alternate scheme?

The Storm talon was painted in black to conceal itself from the xenos population of "Darmitzdarc" night world of perpetual darkness. The stormraven pair won such renown in that campaign that it was thought that their machine spirits would be angered if their new livery was changed, so they remain black.

Maybe they spent some time supporting the Deathwatch?

What's wrong with them being piloted by DC? All I can think about is kamikaze Storm Talons now.....

Because BA devastator positions are known to advance out of formation when the thirst takes hold.

1) Youd have a hard time getting a DC marine into the cockpit.2

2) He'd land it in the enemy DZ, then get out and start killing things.

Archived