Naked Black Knights a dead end?

They are far better than normal ravenwing. Plasma talons are great (maybe not with overwatch but I've never lost one to gets hot rule). Talons can kill marines and termies with ease, not to mention harass small armor. They are also great in cc. They are strength 5 with rending and get 4 attacks each on a charge.

My last game one squad blew up a land raider, tore through a marine squad in cover in cc, but finally fell in combat with a command squad that contained Vulcan (initiative killed me there as well as the new challenge wounds spill over thing).

They also have a better junk than ravenwing and can drive through terrain like its not there.

I still like them very much!

Wait, how you took out a landraider with black knights? Plasma talons can't harm them at all

Take out land raiders in cc.

S5 plus a 6 gets you to 11 plus rending gets additional d3 for penetration

I may be expecting too much of Tacs, but if they do not deliver, at what point could I say that I will look to other factions to bloat my numbers? At what point do I say that another faction is more effective? Arguing that it is a finesse army is correct, but is it worth playing one when you are subject to cold dice? Sorry, I ramble a bit. Verdict is that I still want to stick with DA and probably will stick with them, but I find it increasingly hard due to the performance of the Green part of the army.

Finesse armies and cold dice are a bad mix, that one is for sure. Maybe you can minimize it by having a librarian conclave and some librarian with divination spread around so you can get the good results when you need them the most?

Well, I will keep trying and trying. Better than just playing SM :D although Sisters also seem appealing to me.

I think I will need to work on my unit placement when it comes to Tacs. More defensively, like you said. But I also need to work on 650-800pts worth of units. My only consistent inclusions were the RWCS, Sammy and the bike IChappy, the 20 Tacs and three pods.

RW MSU Bikes failed because they offered close to no resilience against alpha strike and ran out of steam rather quickly. They may work in pure bike lists, but in green black you can not rely on them holding their ground.

So, next up on the chopping block is the RSS with the Dark Shroud and three HB/Typhoon Speeders for some alpha strike and interceptor goodness.

I also want to try 10 Vets with 1 Plasma + 4 CP and 1 Melta + 4 CM in my last pod.

And finally, MSU Black Knights. 3 dudes with a Melta Bomb.

Two of those three fit in. Got to see which part performs best.

Archived