Assault Terminators Kit... Why?

Charlo

Anyone else wonder why they did this?

Just seems like such an odd choice. They aren't and Iconic unit of ours by any means, at least I don't think so.

Just boggles my mind.

It's a nice kit, just a very confusing choice for a release when they could've done a new unit.

Lets not forget all those Sheild of Baal Formations that require 4-5 Units of terms.

We all know how awesome those formations are!

Why, I'm sure each one of use spent all of out disposable income to grab as many BA Term kits as we could, just to take advantage of those awesome and powerful Archangel formations.

;)

The better "why?!!" in this case is why the censored.gif are those terminators closer to snap-fit models than to the kits GW is currently shelling out?

Was about to buy some, but fixed poses means heaps more work for me to get them to look the way I want them to. Other than that, they look very nice!

Snorri

I expected them to redo ASM for our codex

GW kinda did, but in thier own special way.

GW Emplyee: "Lets release a new BA ASM kit"

GW Manager: "Think bigger!"

GW Employee: "ok... Lets release a new generic ASM kit AND a different upgrade sprue for each of the main chapters! That would squeeze out an extra few quid!"

GW Manager: "Think...greedier"

GW Employee: "uuhhh...ok. Lets release a new generic ASM kit AND a different upgrade sprue for each of the main chapters! Buuuut, the upgrade sprues will only have 2-3 different shoulderpads / heads so you will need about 3 sprues to upgrade one unit! That would reeeaaallllyyy squeeze out an extra few quid!"

GW Manager: "thats my boy!"

GW Employee: "Money fight!"

*They both throw wads of money at each other until Satan apears and claims their souls**

GW Employee: "uuhhh...ok. Lets release a new generic ASM kit AND a different upgrade sprue for each of the main chapters! Buuuut, the upgrade sprues will only have 2-3 different shoulderpads / heads so you will need about 3 sprues to upgrade one unit! That would reeeaaallllyyy squeeze out an extra few quid!"

You know the upgrade sprues all feature 10 shoulder pads with standardised chapter iconography with which to equip a whole squads?

The sprues are something the community has been crying out for for over a decade, and you don't have to use them.

That's why I just buy my bits from Ebay or distributors. Then I can pick what I want from each sprue! That said, the Assault Terminators are an odd choice IMO, but I think they'd be a top seller if GW FAQ'd their points cost in-line with C:SM and C:DA. Just saying . . . rolleyes.gif

Still love it. Plan to get three of the sprues total and swap out a third of my battle companies pads. The embossed icon is the same size as the transfer so it adds a bit of variety... The chapter icons from the other kits are typically a bit too ostentatious

I was all over the upgrade sprues until I realised that transfers look better than moulded pads.

Now? Meh.

I was wondering about the Terminator kit - does anyone here have one they can share experiences with?

If I have a box of standard Assault Terminators, can I mix'n'match as I normally would with Space Marine kits? I appreciate the Blood Angels are mono-pose, but if I can easily switch out eg weapon options, I can blend things up a bit without any real effort. I'd be much more interested in the kit then.

:)

I've never been a big fan of the normal Terminators anyway, very much prefer the Forgeworld variants. Especially Tartarus for the minimalist, contemptor light style.

As far as I know I think the kits aren't very compatible, especially for normal SM kits, which is strange.

I guess they saw the going rates and fast flying purchases of the Space Hulk set and thought - wow, we're missing a cash-influx trick here !  Think they came a bit late.

As for the rest of it with the upgrade sprue, I'd rather wait for FW's offering in the coming year.  I mean come on, GW didn't even include a special weapon in that sprue - chalice was nice, but I'm not forking out for one item with bits sellers about.

I was all over the upgrade sprues until I realised that transfers look better than moulded pads.

Now? Meh.

I was wondering about the Terminator kit - does anyone here have one they can share experiences with?

If I have a box of standard Assault Terminators, can I mix'n'match as I normally would with Space Marine kits? I appreciate the Blood Angels are mono-pose, but if I can easily switch out eg weapon options, I can blend things up a bit without any real effort. I'd be much more interested in the kit then.

smile.png

Check my WIP's to see what the kits look like together. I'm currently working on 15 terms made from the BA, tactical and assault (and AoBR and DV) terminators.

They go well, apart from the odd time you try and fit an old pad onto the new BA kit shoulder. You need to file the shoulder a little first, or push the pad on with glue, and hold it til set.

Archived