Unbuilt Deathwing, what should i do ?

eurieus

Hello brothers !! 

So like everyone i'm excited about that new codex, and i have been thinking of several DW lists ... I'm finding it hard to have more than 2 DW squad in a list with the ravenwing element. 

I have an unbuilt DW squad and i was wondering what to do with it. 

I already own a DWK squad, 2 DW squad and a command squad. Should imake more DWK ? Stick with the DW normal termies ? Magnetize the whole thing to boost squads with more bodies ? 

Or maybe wait for a potential FAQ

Hello brothers !! 

So like everyone i'm excited about that new codex, and i have been thinking of several DW lists ... I'm finding it hard to have more than 2 DW squad in a list with the ravenwing element. 

I have an unbuilt DW squad and i was wondering what to do with it. 

I already own a DWK squad, 2 DW squad and a command squad. Should imake more DWK ? Stick with the DW normal termies ? Magnetize the whole thing to boost squads with more bodies ? 

Or maybe wait for a potential FAQ

Plop that thing in the mail and send it to me ;)

I forgot to mention i was going to include Int-chap and a Libby. For the Ravenwing elements i was planning on either two full RWAS formations, or only one with a RWSS. and with what i already have that's about 1850 pts, i did my list with battlescribe, might be the wrong points :s 

Nah, sounds about right. And sounds decent. The attack sqds can jink and then you've got a 12" radius those four sqds drop in on. You've got 20 termies. The knight could possibly be switched as with either DW formation/detachment you want to DS and shoot.

Build DW terminators and add them as additional squad members. Instead of running 5 man squads run 7-8 man squads.

That's what I plan to do with my spare DW ;)

I wouldn't use more than one DWK squad.  I'd assemble them as regular deathwing termies... more Deathwing squads are always good.  As HM74 has said, you can always use them to bolster your squads if you have extra points here and there instead of buying an entire squad.

There are several sites which have deathwing tactica on them.  I would definitely magnetize them.  I started magnetizing mine 5 years ago which has saved me a ton of cash as the game evolved.  Most of mine are SB/PF or AC/PF now as shooty Deathwing seem far superior than CC termies in this edition.

You could always build them robed like DWK with magnetized arms.  Magnatize yourself a set of regular termie weapons and you will have a great looking roed command squad (although you said you already had one).

I forgot to mention i was going to include Int-chap and a Libby. For the Ravenwing elements i was planning on either two full RWAS formations, or only one with a RWSS. and with what i already have that's about 1850 pts, i did my list with battlescribe, might be the wrong points :s 

I would go with one full RWAS and one RWSS (that's up to 5 units fully Combat Squaded), and then put the rest of the points in DW to include another basic DW squad kitted out to compliment your other units.

Archived