Are the Blood Angel Books Cannon To You?

Arkangilos

I've been arguing with my girlfriend about how cannon they are.

I don't believe they are for the following reasons:

They contradict the codex.

They aren't mentioned in the codex.

An event that big would have been mentioned, in my opinion, like the Sin of Damnation was and all that jazz.

And they suck (In my opinion). And by that I don't mean the writing is horrible, I mean that for Blood Angels, they aren't right. If it were some other chapter, it would be different.

What do you think?

I think they are. And I believe the conclave that happened on Baal was referenced in a timeline.

I don't get why there seen as so bad. But I also don't want an answer as I really enjoy them and want to re-read them.

can you quote the reference? I may have just missed it, but I'm away from the dex.

Only the Horus Hershey ones.

The 'Deus' series, while somewhat entertaining, should have been nixed before Swallow put finger to keyboard.

If you think that Fear to Tread is canon you have to include the others as they are directly linked. In a short story you find out that both Rafen and Meros became Astartes using the same sarcophagus .

The 'Deus' series, while somewhat entertaining, should have been nixed before Swallow put finger to keyboard.

If you think that Fear to Tread is canon you have to include the others as they are directly linked. In a short story you find out that both Rafen and Meros became Astartes using the same sarcophagus .
If you believe Rafen is real. That short story linking them might not be considered cannon to him, and I don't consider it cannon

I think they are. And I believe the conclave that happened on Baal was referenced in a timeline.

I don't get why there seen as so bad. But I also don't want an answer as I really enjoy them and want to re-read them.

can you quote the reference? I may have just missed it, but I'm away from the dex.

I can't, at work so I'm unsure if it was in the rulebook timeline or the BA one.

Ugh. He's pulling a McNeill.

What story is that?

I can't, at work so I'm unsure if it was in the rulebook timeline or the BA one.
same here. I'll look when I get home, but I still might miss it. Also, doesn't it say apothecary rather than sanguinary priest?

I don't see it in the 7th ed dex.

Are you sure it wasnt referencing Dante bringing all the masters back to Baal to discuss the daemonic incursion that was supposed to be happenning in the 5th ed codex?

I don't see it in the 7th ed dex.

Are you sure it wasnt referencing Dante bringing all the masters back to Baal to discuss the daemonic incursion that was supposed to be happenning in the 5th ed codex?

That might be it and I'm just mistaking the two.

No, as I have not read them tongue.png

But really, as with most GW stuff, I'd say, yeah, it's cannon, even If it doesn't fit in chronologically, just out that down to the beurocratic chronicles of the imperium smile.png

There's canon and then theres canon.

In the scheme of things, I'd say that the Swallow books were about as canon as the existence of Blood Bowl in the old Fantasy universe.

It's there, and people write about it, but don't really acknowledge it in the wider universe.

trust me, withthe scale of events in the Swallow books, if they were actually canon, they would be mentioned in the timeline.

Maybe the story was too similar to the Dark Angels. Can't have two chapters that

go half renegade

No, as I have not read them tongue.png

But really, as with most GW stuff, I'd say, yeah, it's cannon, even If it doesn't fit in chronologically, just out that down to the beurocratic chronicles of the imperium smile.png

There's canon and then theres canon.

In the scheme of things, I'd say that the Swallow books were about as canon as the existence of Blood Bowl in the old Fantasy universe.

It's there, and people write about it, but don't really acknowledge it in the wider universe.

trust me, withthe scale of events in the Swallow books, if they were actually canon, they would be mentioned in the timeline.

Maybe the story was too similar to the Dark Angels. Can't have two chapters that

go half renegade

Or go, "Hey, Flesh Tearers, other Diminished Chapters that are full strength, I know you have LESS PEOPLE THAN US AND ARE DYING, but please send us your scouts."

And to add, even at worst, they had more people than the Flesh Tearers, so really? They are asking for men from them?

Swallows old books are just too dated now. They don't really reflect the new additions (for better or worse) the 5th edition Codex made to the lore- the Sanguinor, Astorath, Sanguinary Guard, etc.

And WHO DARES doubt that Blood Bowl isn't canon?!?! Nuffle strike him with only fumbles!

Archived