Librarian models

Malakithe

I convert Libbies a lot. I don't have any made for my Successor Chapter yet but I'll tell you how the process goes.

1. Find some legs you like. Usually these are all just alike but some are made better than others. The Sternguard Squad has some pretty interesting ones. After you find the legs, do the same with a torso, head, etc.

2. Do you want him manifesting a psychic power or shooting a bolt pistol? You're pretty much assured to have a bolt pistol with arm in your bitz box. Try to make it a left handed pose if you want a staff. The only staff bit that is easily accessible is from the Grey Knights Strike Squad kit. The box also contains some outstretched hands. If you want more hands, pick up the new Devastator Squad kit. It has six!

3. Get a Grey Knights Strike Squad kit. They have some of the coolest stuff in this box! Anyway, you'll want to obtain a psychic hood from here (if you elected to have one or if you have to take a psychic hood).

4. Robes, scrolls, and books, oh my! The scrolls and books are optional but they go a long way with this conversion. How best to show he is a Librarian than to add a book? The robes can be found in the Dark Angels Veteran Upgrade kit or you can make them with Green Stuff. I usually do the latter but it's up to you. Also, the Black Templars Veteran Upgrade kit has some as well as the Sternguard Veteran Squad kit.

5. Have fun!

20150711 004207

20150711 004152

I hope these images come through ok. (first time uploading) These pics show my libby conversion from multiple dw boxsets. I made a force axe from the hilt of a mace of absolution and the head and tail of a halberd of caliban, cloak from the dw sets, book from the rw upgrade frame and random servo skull things. Admittedly it's not my finest work but it fills the board that bit more :) 

Ya I'll have to pick up some GK kits. I need to make terminator libbys so maybe the paladin kit.

It's good to see a pic of that axe. I actually made a similar one for my first libby. Axe head the same but I took the blade that's on the top and stuck it to the long hilt for more flair.

And why are there 6 hands in the development kit? Shouldn't they be holding...guns maybe? Lol

If you can get your hand on the spacehulk BA librarian he's not too bad to convert. Just shave off all the teardrops.

which are very easy to do and are very few in numbers. I am using SH Libby for my DW army.

Im also thinking of grabbing that sweet looking blood angels lib and converting that. Just need to shave off all the BA stuff then make a new halbred/axe

This is what I did for mine.  Classic & my new version...

BA -> DA Terminator Librarian Conversion (Front)

BA -> DA Terminator Librarian Conversion (Back)

Me likey likey all these pics/examples..i actually have the new TDA libby model and the older resin guy. I was looking to grab the BA one too and just shave off all the teardrops. The right shoulder pad on the new model is removeable so I can toss on a DW termy one

Reposting after site crash :)

First one with a mix of GK and DA bits:

http://www.daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/liby/Complete/Faceon.jpg

Second one was an AoBR termie with the DV Liby spliced in, few base colours so far:

http://www.daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/liby/Smaller/WIP/IMAG0974.jpg

And the final one, still very much WIP, and blue tac'd together.  The Captain Karlean conversion:

http://www.daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/liby/Smaller/WIP/IMG-20150509.jpg

Hope they provide some inspiration

I love the AoBR termie / DV libby conversion! Might try that myself with one of my spare DV libbies.

Do it :)  Its easier than it looks, and only requires minimal GS, which is where the purity seal is on the right arm pit, and a little more to smooth the 2 pieces under the left arm

Archived