command squad modelling help

I had a look through the dex for ideas on how to equip my command squad and I have settled on plasma guns, power weapons and storm shields. problem being how the hell am i gonna get them to carry all that gear? the only thing i can think of is converting some misterious robed followers to carry the extra weapons. or maybe cherubs or servo skulls... any better ideas guys?

Man... I can't remember which rpg system had them but there are gun servo skulls... It would be a radical conversion but just mount a servo skull with plasma gun on the same base as the power weapon storm shield veteran.

ill see how many servo skulls ive got... oh librarians in the post btw. hope it turns up ok. past few times ive posted to canada its arrived crushed and mangled or just never turns up. god knows what you guys do with post over there lol. if it is messed up or dont arrive ive got a mate with a spare one he is gettin rid of.

Old space marine boxes had bolters with hand grips, you could simply add the hand grips to the plasma guns and put them on their waists. Use ammo pouches to conceal gripless plasma guns on the belt to save time and effort.

You can also do this with forge world combi weapon kits instead.

Old space marine boxes had bolters with hand grips, you could simply add the hand grips to the plasma guns and put them on their waists. Use ammo pouches to conceal gripless plasma guns on the belt to save time and effort.

You can also do this with forge world combi weapon kits instead.

Plasma guns have/had grips too

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/space-marine-plasma-gun-p-247.html

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/chaos-marine-plasma-gun-p-732.html

Be sure to make one model that interposes his storm shield between himself and the plasma gun. msn-wink.gif There are a couple of sheathed swords around.

Another option would be to put the sword in one hand, the gun in the other and the shield strapped to the backpack.

It might not be knightly enough, but if you are taking storm shields, I advise taking lightning claws instead of power weapons. They cost the same and have shred and without a pistol you aren't getting the extra attack anyway.

You might also want to think about meltaguns instead of plasma guns. Plasma guns are rapid fire weapons so you cannot charge after shooting them. Paying 75 pts (5 power weapons/LC) for weapons you cannot fully use is a lot of points.

Forgeworld breachers with power weapons "mag-locked" where you can fit them. Very expensive way to go and I'm sure you could replicate it with other models/kits but this seems the easiest way to do it to me.

Archived