Ravenwing Battleforce Landspeeder

coma

Hi guys 

I bought a couple of the old Ravenwing battleforces a few years ago, these contained the old landspeeder models. The older landspeeders are harder to assemble and do not contain all the options such as under slung weapons. 

Has anybody bought the new Ravenwing battleforce released last month? Do you know if it has the old landspeeder still or the newer one? 

Thanks

As for the older speeders, I have found that less glue is better.

All of the glue points fall along the center line of the model, and generally speaking no piece is glued to the top an the bottom.

I have 11 of that type of speeder, so this comes from a lot of trial and error.

Only glue the seats at the front center console point, just a little dot there.

The cosole is glued to the seats, but not to the top of the speeder, except as possibly the last step.

The seat back only needs a little dot at the curved part where it meets the seats.

The top only needs a little dot in the center where it meets the top of thhe seat backs.

There are a couple of parts that don't actually need glue as they are secured by the top and bottom of the speeder once assembled.

The gaps that most people experence are due to putting glue in the wrong places, which causes the model to flex.

The rear thrusters only needs to be glued to the lower part of the frame.

Once you hve the speeder fully assembled, if you do have gaps, find a point on the center line to glue the top of the speeder to one of the other pieces.

Do not glue the edges of the top of the speeder to the bottom of the speeder, this will only cause more gaps on the other side of the model.

If this front is popped up the place to secure it is the console, but this step is not always required.

Does it contain underslug weapons other than the assault cannon?

Yeah, it also has an underslung Heavy Flamer. What I did was take the Heavy Bolter from the Attack Bike kit (there's one in the Battlefoce!), cut off the little piece that connects it to the "rail" it would normally be attached to, and then glue that along with a searchlight to the extra underslung mount that comes with the ravenwing upgrade frame. Then I can put magnets in the base of the landspeeder and the weapon mount, which I found much easier than trying to put a magnet in the weapon and the mount. I'll try to take some pictures later today and upload them, it looks pretty good in my opinion.

Archived