New Horus Heresy novel coming about the Purging of Mars!

Note! You can now download the cover art as wallpapers from Black Library... and on the widescreen ones on the left there are Ironstriders! Which matters as the Codex had them only after the Heresy, so it may or may not be a mistake, a retcon or reveal a secret origin to the ironstriders conflicting with that of the codex, but even if a mistake gives a canon source for those who want to use ironstriders in Heresy games.

Note! You can now download the cover art as wallpapers from Black Library... and on the widescreen ones on the left there are Ironstriders! Which matters as the Codex had them only after the Heresy, so it may or may not be a mistake, a retcon or reveal a secret origin to the ironstriders conflicting with that of the codex, but even if a mistake gives a canon source for those who want to use ironstriders in Heresy games.

No, Ironstriders are post-heresy...

...the ones pictured in the wallpapers are the heresy-era Dunestriders...

...not to be confused with the Heresy-era Anegor Ironcrawlers...

msn-wink.gif

The highest resolution artwork features the entirety of the 40k skitarii arsenal, so yeah...I don't think that's a mistake with one or two models...

The highest resolution artwork features the entirety of the 40k skitarii arsenal, so yeah...I don't think that's a mistake with one or two models...

But what other than the Ironstrider Engines were said to only exist after the Heresy?

No idea. But I can twll you what stopped existing after the Heresy. Common sense :D

• 2 weeks later...

No idea. But I can twll you what stopped existing after the Heresy. Common sense biggrin.png

To that i say: "Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those who prosper truly judge what is sane." tongue.png

some of the kataphron weapons were said to be post heresy. but that's all i remember^^

some of the kataphron weapons were said to be post heresy. but that's all i remember^^

Well, would make sense for the experimental graviton imploder grav cannon. Heresy has, except for few Mechanicum units (with said "graviton imploder"), only graviton weaponry. That works by the same physical principle, just not focused into single shots, rather affecting an entire area on a weaker power. Graviton was a weapon improvised from mining equipment, and the 40k grav weaponry is derived from that post-heresy.

Also, phosphor weaponry is post-heresy. As described in the Phosphoenix text, 30k had phosphex, which was far better.

Archived