To make a Blood Angels Librarian

Sanguine_Blood

Well, I picked up the sweet GW librarian plastic fig, the one holding the staff in both hands. And I am looking for thoughts on how I can bling him out in blood angels.

The staff, though sweet looking itself, it very generic and I thought that if there was a nice, simple way to replace the skull head with something more blood angels orientated that would be even better. But alas, I am not a master builder and I have no real ideas on what to do for it. So here I am, seeking the advice of my bretheren.

How would you do it?

Looking at the sprue in question, you could lop the head off it and replace it with either a banner top from the SG/BA TDA box or with a bit of work, the grail from the BA upgrade sprue. You could also use any number of BA heads.

Also, bear in mind that the Librarian doesn't have to be blue! Feel free to paint him red with a blue shoulder pad(s).

Also, bear in mind that the Librarian doesn't have to be blue! Feel free to paint him red with a blue shoulder pad(s).

That seems even more fluff like, I mean it fits in with the black shoulder pads for Sergeants.

That seems even more fluff like, I mean it fits in with the black shoulder pads for Sergeants.

I think I will "steal" the idea.

Nah, I'm cool with painting them blue, I kinda like it. Blue armor with red shoulder.

Just looking for ideas on what I could replace the head of that staff with to be more chapter related. I'll need to go through my bits and see what I still have. Last thing I want to do is lop the head of the staff off to try and do something else, only to fail then I have a damaged model.

I've converted that mini for my space wolves force:

gallery_71376_10305_34910.jpg

If I was going for blood angels, I'd change the torso, the head and chop the end of the staff off and put on a blood chalice. Then alter shoulder pads and add a BA back pack and there you go...done!

It was a simple conversion (not even that, kit bash more like) with only a tiny bit of liquid green stuff needed for gap filling!

My 2p

• 3 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/NEHOsKL.jpg

Thought Id share my librarian, not sure this model is even available anymore. Its slightly modified since before our new codex came out he had a sword, after the codex because of gallians staff I had to put bits together to make one again. The jump pack is from the death company sprue, and in my whole army I only use that particular pack on him and call it the Angel Wings, no where else in my army did I use that exact design of JP.

http://i.imgur.com/NEHOsKL.jpg

Thought Id share my librarian, not sure this model is even available anymore. Its slightly modified since before our new codex came out he had a sword, after the codex because of gallians staff I had to put bits together to make one again. The jump pack is from the death company sprue, and in my whole army I only use that particular pack on him and call it the Angel Wings, no where else in my army did I use that exact design of JP.

Great conversion!

That model is possibly one of my favourite ever scuplts from GW.

I'm planning on kitbashing a librarian using a regular grey knight as the base. You get the shoulder pad with the librarium symbol (book+horned skull) and a psychic hood torso back. Besides that the sky's the limit, especially since there are so many different kinds of space marine bits.

Archived