Tested Lion's Blade

seethe

Fought a buddy's Nids at 1850. Told him he should spammed flyrants but he didn't listen. His list was something like

Swarm lord

Tervigon

Gaunt blob

Skytyrant formation (gargoyles and melee flyrant)

Devilgaunts in drop Pod.

Venom thropes for cover saves

3xcarnifex

I used

Chappy on bike

IChappy with jump pack

Assault squad 2x flamers

Devastator 2x Grav 2x Plasma in drop Pod

3x5 tac marines with Flakk missiles

Dreadnought with twin Autocannon

Ravenwing bikers with attack bike and speeder.

Support squadron with vengeance. All speeders had assault cannons and heavy bolters.

There wasn't much to it. By turn 2 he scooped. The support squad literally deleted the carnifex the turn they attempted to charge. Between devistators and the support squad same thing happened to his sky tyrant formation.

Rolled strategic warlord table and was able to infiltrate marines onto objectives.

I knew the overwatch was going to be strong but I didn't lose a single model and had him down to his swarm Lord and a Tervigon by the end of turn 2.

I'll definitely give this a few more playthroughs before I pass find judgement but initially I am more than impressed

I used the lone speeder frome the bike unit (combat squadded) as charge bait since the melta didn't have vehicles to shoot at. He played right but that support squadron puts out so many freaking shots. Will probably roll shroud next game...am not sold on the plasma shots really.

Been playing some hard games at the weekend and the Support formation has been a real star

The 1st question you get is "It can overwatch from how Far at BS2 ?"

The 2nd is Interceptor ? your having a laugh!!

It's even better in the lion's blade, "it does what at BS? now???"

That is how I understand and play it. It is terrible for an assault army. The vanilla bikes and lone speeder were just bait. Bikes hit and ran and I used the support squad on the most threatening unit. I never initiated an assault so that I could take advantage of all the free shots.

Archived