Ave Dominus Nox!

So, I've always wanted to do a Night Lord army. I've started a few times, but always got distracted before getting too deep into the project. However, recently I caught the bug again....

I had some bitz and pieces lying about - including, but not limited to, half a Hellbrute and half a Daemon Prince. It occurred to me while looking at them that I've seen a bunch of excellent Night Lords... I've seen several excellent versions of First Claw; I've seen Terminators and Raptors, but I don't think I've never seen anyone try doing The Exalted.

So I threw my hat in the ring. See what you think.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/widowmakerphotos/Games%20Workshop/Warhammer%2040K/Chaos/Marines/Night%20Lords/In%20Progress/20150714_042411_RichtoneHDR_edit_1436840745403.jpg

Just base colours right now, but it's a start. Apologies for the lousy camera phone pics. I'll throw something better up soon.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome.

Cheers,

Widowmaker

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Looks like my update from last night was eaten by the crash, so I'm reposting the pics for posterity.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/widowmakerphotos/Games%20Workshop/Warhammer%2040K/Chaos/Marines/Night%20Lords/In%20Progress/20150715_030537_RichtoneHDR_edit_1436922492309.jpg

It is a work in progress, but I'm mostly liking it so far. It's not 100% what I had in mind, but it's pretty close.

If my GS skills were better, I would remove some of the cabling between the legs.

I'm also not a huge fan of the chains and skulls hanging from his arms... the helbrute ams have ports for fuel cells, which unfortunately got used on a different model. The chains and skulls were the best fix I could come up with, but any thoughts about possible replacements would be appreciated (don't let the paint job fool you, it's never too late to make changes).

Anyway, more soon. As always, comments and criticism are welcome.

Cheers,

Widowmaker.

Wow! Thanks for all the compliments folks - you're making me blush!

@ Bob Hunk, Kizzdougs and Vel'Cona; Thanks guys, glad you like it. Took a while to get to a stage where I was happy with it, but I'm pleased y'all like it!

@ Lord Haelim Lev and DanForthLaertes - cheers guys. Glad you like him.

@ Dragonlover - thanks man. The description that always stuck in my mind was of over sized terminator armour. Which to me conjures ideas of bulky and tank like, rather than sinuous and serpentine. But I can see how other aspects might have led to serpentine. Glad you liked him though.

@ Jolemai - best I can give you is, "Slowly. Patiently. And over several days" :P

Thanks again for the comments folks. They keep me motivated. Finished model should be ready soon.

Cheers,

Widowmaker

• 3 months later...

So....

Some of you may be aware that, although I rarely post my WIPs, I do have a few threads over in the HOH. One of them follows my progress as I've been trying to build and paint my way through my bits room (to call it a bits "box" doesn't quite cover the scale of my 40K addiction).

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything more until I had a handle on the overflow. Until I came across these in one of my piles of models.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/widowmakerphotos/Games%20Workshop/Warhammer%2040K/Chaos/Marines/Night%20Lords/In%20Progress/030AF904-554B-451C-9C9B-74385F0E15E0.jpg

All glued up and nowhere to go.

Way back when, I had painted them as Night Lords, but wasn't happy with the way they turned out, so had these earmarked to become World Eaters.

Until I built the Daemon Prince above.

And I painted him.

Which let the monkey back out its cage...

Which led to this....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/widowmakerphotos/Games%20Workshop/Warhammer%2040K/Chaos/Marines/Night%20Lords/In%20Progress/F4EA5AF9-51F0-4B26-8EBC-6031F51C4EAC.jpg

So... That'll be, Sevetar, an Aspiring Champion, all told 30 Chaos Marines, 10 Raptors, 50 assorted shoulder pads, a Night Lords Contemptor Dread with auto cannon and power claw, and some rhino doors.

Oh. And Krell. Because, why not, right?

At some stage in the future, I have plans to add a Terminator Lord plus terminator squad, a couple of rhinos, and at least one Landraider. So far, I have been successfully resisting the urge to pick them up too.

So far...

Stay tuned - there's more to come soon.

Cheers,

Widowmaker

Thanks Kassill, glad you like him!

I've been kicking the idea around for a while now - bought Krell with the aim of adding him to my 40K collection almost 3 years ago.

Initially I planned to give him the Doghouse treatment (GSing greaves onto the model), but I wasn't happy how it turned out. Which led to much more radical surgery. Which then forced me to lower the neckline. Pretty happy with him so far, but I might add a couple more changes. We'll see.

More soon

Cheers

Widowmaker

@Venomlust & SalvationOfReason - Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to getting some paint on the Krell conversion. Gotta put some fluff together too...

@Midnight Runner - Thanks mate, glad you like them. I'm excited about the project - Hope I don't disappoint!

Alrighty folks, hope we all had a good weekend. I have a little progress to post.

As I mentioned above, a large part of the drive for this thread (other than Night Lords being awesome, of course) is an attempt on my part to clear some of my existing bitz. Which is why I am having to start with 20 CSM models at various stages of construction. They will all receive the Night Lord treatment as much as possible, but it means that while I can do some conversions, until I build brand new models most of the treatment will be limited to weapon swaps at this time.

Enough waffle however. I have the first 10 CSM ready to go under the paint brush with Krell. See what you think.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/widowmakerphotos/Games%20Workshop/Warhammer%2040K/Chaos/Marines/Night%20Lords/In%20Progress/1B50850E-6C61-4EB8-80D7-33508D233433.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/widowmakerphotos/Games%20Workshop/Warhammer%2040K/Chaos/Marines/Night%20Lords/In%20Progress/723045EA-B397-41E6-839E-EB3A1BB8195E.jpg

Apologies for the lousy camera pics.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome.

Cheers,

Widowmaker

Archived