RW support squad load out to deal with Tig+Grav cents in DP?

Belfast

No. Interceptor is regular shooting.  However, it depends on what you are shooting at that has just come into play from Reserves. In most cases, you use the unit's regular BS, but if the target is a Flier then the unit will be firing Snap Shots at it unless the unit also has the Skyfire rule.  And so the RW SS is not a Flier killer, but everything else ought to watch out; especially those enemy units which are susceptible to the Strafing Run rule.

If forgeworld is allowed you can also give the LSV the Legacy of Keylek for 35 points to give its blast ignores cover, now you have a large plasma blast that ignores cover, so drop podding into cover/ruins won't even work, follow that up with the rest of your interceptor shots and as long as you have LOS to the squad they are in serious trouble.

I think I might have been worring for nothing.

I was a little annoyed that our RWSS might never get to use its ability to overwatch because it would have such a narrow 45 degree window.

And then there is the question of which unit would need to be in that window.

1. The unit being charged
  2. The charging unit
  3. Or would the charging unit just need to cross that window for me to get a shot.

But I after building a Darkshroud this weekend I think I have changed my mind.

The fire arc for the Heavy Bolter / Assault Cannon on the Darkshroud / Vengence is huge.

It swings from the right rear talefin on the passenger side to just past the drivers left shoulder... maybe close to 315 degrees.

That got me to look at the normal speeder again.

The passenger gun can swing from just behind the front left corner to just behind the passagers shoulder.

Maybe 150-160 degrees.

That means that as long as we are prepare for deepstrikers, we can take steps to limit the chance that they come in on our rear and driver side.

Archived