League Play Offs

Sanguine_Blood

Greetings brothers

I posted a topic in our army lists area about the League I'm playing in that I've made it into play offs. Seems to me the traffic in that area is very low. Anyways, i am pumped about this, and feel like sharing my conquest here for you guys in the form of a very limited group of battle reports.

Going into the League finals, my standing determined the amount of points I get to play through the play offs. My list cannot change either, so I need to make it somewhat versatile so as to combat a potential myriad of opponents.

My List: 1730pts (actual is 1729).

Librarian, Jump Pack, Gallian Staff, Veritas, Level 2 psyker

Furioso Dreadnought; Frag Cannon; heavy flamer

Drop Pod

8 Death Company; Jump Packs; T-hammer, PF, 2 Inferno

Lemartes

5 Scouts; HB (Hellfire), 3 snipers; Sergeant Sniper; Camo Cloaks

10 Tacticals; Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Sergeant with Fist and Combi-melta

Drop Pod

5 Assaults; No JP; 2 meltagun, sergeant with 2 inferno pistols

Drop Pod

3 Bikers; 2 gravguns; sergeant with combi grav

Attack Bike with Multimelta (attached to bike squad)

Stormraven Gunship; TL-AC, TL-MM

Sicarian Battle Tank; Lascannon sponsons; Schism of Mars; Ceramite Armour

Game 1:

Opponent was Red Scorpions.

He had a Battle Demi Company; Captain in AA, tear of the scorpion, eternal sheild, JP, 3 tacticals in rhinos (one with Plasma/lascannon, one with melta/MM, one with gravgun/gravcannon), Desastators with 4 lascannons, 2 Ironclads in a squad, and a Mortis contemptor. He had 1715 points do to his league standing going into playoffs.

I can't do a turn by turn, but this game I feel was decided turn one. I got first turn, and my Assault squad droppped behind his contemptor, melting it to oblivion, and my furioso dropped beside his desastators, wiping them out (with help from the drop pod which killed the last lascannon desastator to it's stormbolter). Once those huge threats were gone, the rest of the game was smooth. Every target the Sicarian looked at died (WOW what an awesome tank), and by turn 4 I basically tabled him (had a rhino left and he called it).

Game 2:

Playing this opponent today in about 4 hours. Oppoent is Space Wolves (1700 points due to league standing), and he has a very tough looking list. Wolf guard battle leader on wolf, with storm shield, fangsword of the icewolf, runic armor digital weapons. Arjac with 3 terminators with stormshields and combi-meltas that he's placing in a drop pod hes taking as a fast choice. He's also got 3 units of unupgraded blood claws in AC razorbacks, a grey hunter squad with banner in an AC razorback, a stormwolf (the evil flyer with TL MMs), 5 Stormshield thunder wolves with 1 PF, and finally an Allied Vindicare Assassin...

Not sure my strategy yet, but I may need to keep my tank in reserve to counter an Arjac alpha. My tank has ceramite, which protects from the combi melts, but that thor hammer is scary... I'll update my post or make a new post tonight/tomorrow following my game with details. If I can win, I am up next to play the final opponent and would determine 1st/2nd place.

Archived