Purgatorio Crusade

CamNZ

Greetings my black Templar brethren,

I am drawing a blank on a suitably epic crusade name, anyone got any ideas they want to give away?

It will be emblazoned with pride across the top of my honor guard banner

"Erias's grim visage surveyed his chosen brethren, those who accompanied him into the thick of the fray and brought the emperor's light into the darkest reaches of his rightful domain. He noted the appropriate devotions they gave their wargear. Jump pack intakes were cleaned, chainsword teeth sharpened or replaced all with the quick economical movements of veterans. This was the third year of the Purgatorio crusade, the cleansing of the terranward arm of the maelstrom from the anticullus forgeworld"

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/cameron_wright2/image.jpg1_zpsd2ftiutf.jpg

Where are they going? What are they smiting? Who is leading? Tell us more :p

They are smiting demons (and the odd ork) led at the moment by chaplain Erias, they are a heavily mechanized force. Supported by a contingent of the salamanders 2nd company.

Place, Purpose, Personalities

They are three main methods of helping determine a Crusade name.

Kildrech Crusade - cleansing the Kildrech System (Place)

Golgatha Crusade - reclaim Golgatha (Place)

The Vengeance Crusade - Pursuing a Chaos warband (Purpose)

Memoria Crusade - reclaiming lost relics (Purpose)

Write a little background for your Crusade first, including where they are going, what they are doing and who is involved. From that you can normally come up with some ideas or at least themes and even if you cant, then the brethren can normally help guide you from there.

Where are they going? What are they smiting? Who is leading? Tell us more tongue.png

They are smiting demons (and the odd ork) led at the moment by chaplain Erias, they are a heavily mechanized force. Supported by a contingent of the salamanders 2nd company.

The first thing that jumped into my mind with this was cleansing fire (Daemons) from both the fiery wrath of the Templars and the Salamanders theme. Not helping with a name at the moment but I reckon some sort of emblem with a flame and incorporating both the Sallies and the Templars similar to the Declates Crusade

Demons and Orks? Fire and Brimstone? How about:

Ignis Crusade

Crusade of Our Lord's Eternal Fire

Purgatorio Crusade

Like these, what is divine fire in Latin? Divini ignis? Liking the second one a lot

hey are smiting demons (and the odd ork) led at the moment by chaplain Erias, they are a heavily mechanized force. Supported by a contingent of the salamanders 2nd company.

The "Get Out Of My City" Crusade

You could pick a name related to New Zealand if you're from Christchurch. Kretian Crusade would for example be a name based on a historical battle involving New Zealanders. Crusade of Endeavour named after Captain Cook's ship. Just try and find a name that adds a personal touch to your crusade rather than a generic name that simply sounds cool.

Hell, you could add an Imperial Guard Regiment with Maori tattoo's as allies in all black regimental uniform and Union Jack coloured banners.

Trying to link your crusade with yourself is what I did myself too. I named the crusade from the region I came from, the main world from my hometown. Not just reusing the name, but taking the name and tweaking it. Then it's very easy to get iconography and further names, by just taking inspiration from the real ones.

• 1 month later...

Requesting a general head count. I love muh head counts. Mirror keeps throwing me off though.

oh, and request a headcount for the sallies too :unsure:

Here is a quick head count of what is in the cabinet.

Black Templars:

Land raider crusader x2

Bolter initiates x15

Special weapon initiates x6

Heavy weapon initiates x11

Tac terminators x7

Jump pack initiates (bolt pistol + chainsword) x15 (flamer) x4 (special cc weapon) x3

Bolt pistol + chainsword initiates x16

Fist initiates x2

Power sword initiates x 2

Techmarines x2

Emp champ

Helbrecht

Jump chaplain (Erias)

Termi castellan

Artificer castellan x2

Got about 20 neophytes on my painting desk, plus a vindicator, land raider, bikes, honor guard, another chaplain and a razor back.

Salamanders:

5 x TH/SS termis

10 x tac termis incl 2x HF and 2x chain fist.

Vulkan

Termi librarian

Reg librarian x2

Termi chaplain (so old it's on a 25mm base)

Captain with thunder hammer

15 JP assault marines

6 on foot assault marines

4 x 10 man tac squads

2x 5 man dev squads

9 x sniper scouts + 1 heavy Bolter scout + te'leyon

5 man breacher squad

5 man command squad( 4x flamers + apothecary )

5 man combat squad

2 x HF/MM land speeder

HF/MM dread

HF + whatever ven. Dread

Storm talon

Not shown is several drop pods and a redeemer, 2 rhinos.

On my paint desk for the salamanders is some more multi melta devs, land speeder, iron clad dread

• 4 months later...

I have been fairly slack of late but I've got a Land raider most of the way there. I'm thinking 'Zealous' or 'Wrathful' for the land raider, which is a Purging of Lastrati relic (even has the plaque to prove it)

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/cameron_wright2/DSCN2569_zps1d4wlxyw.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/cameron_wright2/DSCN2571_zpss93lri2a.jpg

I've decided to name the land raider "Zealous" I also have a vindicator which is now called "foe bane" after wiping out an ork war boss and all his mega armoured nobs in a single shot. Some tales of heroism have been dutifully written on Zealous. aka those white psuedo writing scribbles shown in previous pictures.

I have thought about weathering my Templars but not done anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived