PSA: Smart DA Buy

SvenONE

Just wanted to make everyone aware of probably one of the best deals that may be under some of your radar.  The old RW Battleforce was an incredible value, 6 bikes, an attack bike, a speeder, and enough bits to last you a lifetime.  But that's gone now much to my displeasure for all of you (I already snatched 5 over time so I'm all set :)).  The new battleforce is..ok.  It's $100 USD:

Landspeeder:  $30

Attack Bike: $27:25 (who makes these prices)

Black Knights/Ravenwing Bikes: $50

So you save about $10.  Now I'm not sure what's in the box, but if you can make regular Ravenwing Bikers with that box and subsequently use it to make said bikers, you're paying about what you'd pay for buying things individually; though with some extra bits laying around.

But the real steal is the formerly-maligned Dark Vengeance Expansion set.  That box retails for $140 USD and at its release was JUNK.  But GW has, in true GW fashion, turned that frown upside down by making the rules for unsold SKUs much better than they were.  For $140 you're getting:

Deathwing Command Squad:$60

Ravenwing Black Knight Squad:$50

Ravenwing Darktalon/NJ:$75

Individually that's over $40 in savings, not including any tax depending on the state you're in (damn you Delaware!).  

So if you're starting a DA army and already have your demi company filled in, look at this for the long term to fill out your elite roles!

Ebay deals are also way better.

Just wanted to make everyone aware of probably one of the best deals that may be under some of your radar. The old RW Battleforce was an incredible value, 6 bikes, an attack bike, a speeder, and enough bits to last you a lifetime. But that's gone now much to my displeasure for all of you (I already snatched 5 over time so I'm all set smile.png). The new battleforce is..ok. It's $100 USD:

Landspeeder: $30

Attack Bike: $27:25 (who makes these prices)

Black Knights/Ravenwing Bikes: $50

So you save about $10. Now I'm not sure what's in the box, but if you can make regular Ravenwing Bikers with that box and subsequently use it to make said bikers, you're paying about what you'd pay for buying things individually; though with some extra bits laying around.

But the real steal is the formerly-maligned Dark Vengeance Expansion set. That box retails for $140 USD and at its release was JUNK. But GW has, in true GW fashion, turned that frown upside down by making the rules for unsold SKUs much better than they were. For $140 you're getting:

Deathwing Command Squad:$60

Ravenwing Black Knight Squad:$50

Ravenwing Darktalon/NJ:$75

Individually that's over $40 in savings, not including any tax depending on the state you're in (damn you Delaware!).

So if you're starting a DA army and already have your demi company filled in, look at this for the long term to fill out your elite roles!

Ebay deals are also way better.

I bought one of these. In Canada it was $160. Separately : Deathwing CS : 70$, Ravenwing BK $60, NJF : $90. That is $60 in savings!

I have been looking for recent onboxing of the new Ravening Battleforce to confirm the contents but there is not one yet.

Since you can make Sableclaw and a Dark Angels Attack Bike, there should also be a Ravenwing Accessory Pack included. 

In Canada the price breakdown is such:

$60 - Ravenwing Black Knights

$32.75 - Attack BIke

$36- Land Speeder

$17.75 - Ravenwing Accessory Pack

For a total of $146.50 CAD and retails for $115.  It ends up being a savings of $31.50 and with that you could pretty much buy another attack bike!  Between the Black Knights and the Ravening sprues there should be plenty of bits there too.

I have been looking for recent onboxing of the new Ravening Battleforce to confirm the contents but there is not one yet.

Since you can make Sableclaw and a Dark Angels Attack Bike, there should also be a Ravenwing Accessory Pack included. 

In Canada the price breakdown is such:

$60 - Ravenwing Black Knights

$32.75 - Attack BIke

$36- Land Speeder

$17.75 - Ravenwing Accessory Pack

For a total of $146.50 CAD and retails for $115.  It ends up being a savings of $31.50 and with that you could pretty much buy another attack bike!  Between the Black Knights and the Ravening sprues there should be plenty of bits there too.

If the speeder is $36, how come the Darkshroud retails at $80?  How much plastic do they need to add to more than double the price?

EDIT: changed triple to double

There was another thread on this topic HERE (how did you not see it on page 8? tongue.png). I did recently order a Dark Vengeance Expansion set from my FLGS to get the last three Black Knights I wanted, a third flier to be able to field a RW Sllence "Squadron" (and because I really wanted another Nephilim), and another unit of newer Deathwing Terminator models, which may end up being built up as Sergeants for my other units. The set saves $45 US off the top, plus I got another 20% off of that, so it was $112 US + tax. The Nephilim was pretty much "free". cool.png

Archived