My Great Company WIP

I have been meaning to start one of these to chart my progress. but i had nothing to put in it, until now.

I am returning to 40k from a 3 or 4 year break,  All my old armies sold years ago i had a fresh start in front of me.  There are a few Marine players in the Club, so fancied playing a chapter not taken.  I picked the Space Wolves because they have a big grudge with Dark Angels, (which my friend plays)  and i loved the models and options for making them your own.

I bought the Warriors of the Fang box as it looked like a great starting point, and since them i have slowly build a large collect of Space Wolves Kits and boxsets.

I am playing in a Small campaign at my games club, of only 500pts battles, so i started building my force with that in mind.

RenJek Skaldbane, is my Current Warlord, The Rune Priest, Armed with a Bolt Pistol and Frostblade this Lvl 2 Psycher has severed me well in the 2 games i have played so far.  (I am not happy with the Sword, so i will replace or redo it correct)  

RenJek Skaldbane - Rune Priest

This is my first Grey Hunter Squad with Rhino Transport, my eye sight is not the best anymore, but i am happy enough with them, (Thou i have noticed i need to clean the backpacker better)

First Grey hunter Unit

I have alot of models to build and paint to fill my Great Company, along with 2 Iron Wolfs to build, as all the parts are now here.

I will post more when i have updates.

It's a good start and faster than my pace is :D I think there's a number of us who could do with better eyes and steadier hands so don't worry about that ;)

Might want to double check your Rune Priest against the codex, don't think he can trade his Force Sword for a Frostblade.

It's a good start and faster than my pace is biggrin.png I think there's a number of us who could do with better eyes and steadier hands so don't worry about that msn-wink.gif

Might want to double check your Rune Priest against the codex, don't think he can trade his Force Sword for a Frostb

Yes you are quite right friend, its my mistake it should have been written as Rune Sword.

DSC 0115

I am now working on my Bloodclaw and Skyclaw Pack, along with one of my Rhinos to finish my Vow.

DSC 0110

And waiting in the wings that i have built, are 2 Landraiders, Bjorn, another Rhino and a Vinicator.
I had a quick look over what i still have boxed to build.
Lukas the Trickster, Nija Stormcaller, A whole Warriors of the Fang box, 12 Thundercavarly, Stormwolf and 2 Imperial Knight Iron Wolfs. So i am well please i have 2 weeks Holiday coming up, one of which will be building and painting ;-)

Hold something to paint for the Wolves Solstice Advance. Our subforum has a mini ETL that I believe runs November through January. With your list of projects you should have something left when the Advance starts.

Hold something to paint for the Wolves Solstice Advance. Our subforum has a mini ETL that I believe runs November through January. With your list of projects you should have something left when the Advance starts.

I will look into this, thank you

DSC 0123

DSC 0121

These are two displays i build last year :-)

Do you have a link for previous events?? Got some wolves kickin around somewhere and I'd feel more inclined to paint them if I was working towards a goal of somekind.

Archived