Chaplain and Librarian on bikes

MoonPhoenix

Hi, all.

Although GW didn't provide official answer about posiibility to take IC on bikes to our RSFD, but i hope they give green light for that.

So I created chaplain and librarian to my force (well they are not full WYSIWG smile.png ). Now i plan to give them for painting

http://cs623816.vk.me/v623816969/3b471/YPmVE6xUUMU.jpg

http://cs623816.vk.me/v623816159/44dd9/rq9H1yVaYt8.jpg

Neat conversions! For game purposes, I didn't think Librarians or Chaplains could have plasma talons. Is that a "looks cool" modelling decision? I used plasma guns in place of bike bolters on my converted BK bikes, but I am digging your style of doing them.

What model are those bikes?

Neat conversions!

Thanks!

I didn't think Librarians or Chaplains could have plasma talons. Is that a "looks cool" modelling decision?

Yep, at the begging this bikes were created for Black Knights. But lately i understood that this bikes are too good for them and decided to mount my IC on them smile.png If it would be very important to play with my opponent i will remove this talons.

What model are those bikes?

Well, this grav bikes w/o bikers were created by my friend. it is completelly custom bikes: parts of land speeder, bikes, ravenwing upgrade parts, plastic. I add bikers for them: black knights parts, librarian from the starter, chaplain Seraphicus bits, etc.

E. g. this bike is under construction. I plan to add additional details to it and one more librarian.

http://i70.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0725/a9/caf27355086e25588a671558e5c2ffa9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

but normaly the Lib. doesn't get the ravenwing rule when he uses a bike, or do they?

Not according to the codex. ITC is a large tournament format that regularly updates the rules for play in their tournaments. They have ruled that DA characters on bikes get the "Ravenwing" rule for purposes of tournament play.

Which I totally agree with.

Not with the current wording of the rules.

Though it seems quite clear that this is a mistake - with the layout of the ravenwing detachment force org and how the rules for TDA armour give characters who purchase it the twin-linked on landing rule. I'd say its a safe bet to assume it was GW's intention to give them the ravenwing rule when purchasing a bike.

That said, It's exactly how we'll be playing it here without question - and it seems the ITC feels the same way.

but normaly the Lib. doesn't get the ravenwing rule when he uses a bike, or do they?

Not according to the codex. ITC is a large tournament format that regularly updates the rules for play in their tournaments. They have ruled that DA characters on bikes get the "Ravenwing" rule for purposes of tournament play.

Which I totally agree with.

Well...let's hope the FAQ writers read ITC and give us an errata! This guy's waiting:

med_gallery_13203_846_1421163.jpg

My $1 bet is that GW will errata the formation to allow HQ units on bikes without the RW rule, rather than amend the Space Marine bike entry, which has a point value and is therefore less flexible.

Just sayin' ....and I could well be wrong, time will (should) tell.

My gaming group decided to give them the ravenwing rule with the bike so I'm happy about that. Brother Stobz, even though our HQs now get the twin-linked landing buff with the armour, the price tag didn't go up, so I don't think it would/should be any different with the bikes. Terminator armour in all armies I'm aware of is the same 40 points we spend on it. Hopefully GW will allow Black Library to write the errata so it can hopefully be done in line with that. Alas it wouldn't suprise me to see them go your way and just adjust our formation, leaving us to do some intresting hide the IC during movement and turbo-boost turns.

Hello everyone

I built a Lib. on bike out of two models from the dark vengeance set (Bike sgt & Lib.). Very easy doing and i think it looks ok:

Agree with you. My first conversion of Lib was exactly the same. But lately i decided that dark vengeance model is to good and promote Lib to grav bike biggrin.png

The ITC has rules that they get the ravenwing rule, which is good enough for me.

Some men already got email from GW that you could take IC on bike to Ravenwing strike force, but without "Ravenwing" special rule. I don't think that GW will change its point of view in FAQ (if this FAQ will be published someday of course)

My $1 bet is that GW will errata the formation to allow HQ units on bikes without the RW rule

That would satisfy me.  It's stupid for it to suggest that you have HQ options, then in another sentence cut that down to "just kidding, you have to take Sammy!"  The easiest fix would be to have bikes give characters the RW rule...but, based on the "your DW sergeant can only have a sword" precedent, they will be stoopid, fail to think things through, and change it so the formation can have any HQ on a bike, accidentally eliminating the possibility of fielding sableclaw.

Some men already got email from GW that you could take IC on bike to Ravenwing strike force, but without "Ravenwing" special rule. I don't think that GW will change its point of view in FAQ (if this FAQ will be published someday of course)

Got any proof of that? It would sure be handy.

I'm assuming it's referring to the Deathwing Strike Force. where it's an auto loss after turn one as you'll have nothing on the board with the current wording...

So if they're saying we'd need another detachment to get something on the board for turn one... looks like that's how they intended it then : / which seems incredibly silly.

Not what the email is saying...it's not cautioning that it's auto-lose, it's saying it's illegal/unbound to play alone without your opponent's permission.  Since I don't believe that to be true of the DWSF (or DWRF, for that matter), it makes no sense...

/edit/

Unless the email means to suggest that you get your opponent to waive the auto-loss rule?

• 1 month later...

At least painted version. Many thanks to my friend for painting.

Robe of chappy is red, because it represents "Shroud of Heroes".

http://i72.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0930/02/aa30849b29738cff74d3627d14edda02.jpg

http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0930/37/abed9ee7864bd7acd4d4a6e76911cc37.jpg

Archived