Psychic strike force

Crazy Jay

I had an idea for a tactic I'm going to try soon and wanted to see what everyone thought of it. Basically I would take a librarius Conclave with Ezekiel and 4 ML2 Libys with grav pistols and stick them with a Company Vet squad with storm shields and grav pistols in a drop pod.

I feel like this could be an ultimate monster hunter squad. 9 grav shots (likely prescienced). A good chance to fish for invisibility, plus lay down the hurt with debuffs from our discipline and psychic shriek.

So what are your thoughts?

Trying to do the math off the top of my head but that's 800+ points in one unit right? I would throw everyone at getting invisibility (Ezekiel first) otherwise even with the storm shields you aren't going to live long enough to make points back.

A cheaper version might be a command squad with an apothecary, sacred standard and 4 plain old grav guns. That's 12 shots instead, just from those guys and you could throw in a librarian or two with grav pistols for good measure.

Yeah this is super expensive, you could basically bring the Hammer of Caliban with Lascannon Predators, or for slightly more, 2 full squadrons of predators with lascannons.

If you have your heart set on this, I would ditch the Vets and do this with a command squad and the Sacred Standard+Grav Guns.  You're getting 15 grav shots at 18", something you'd probably prefer since a good number of MCs will probably ID you.  This might look cool on the table and potentially be fun given the psychic hijinks, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about this being some sort of groundbreaking deathstar.

Supposedly a rumor on Natfka said that the Librarius conclave is going to be updated.  It's not on BLs website right now, presumably make Ezekiel no longer be obligatory.

Vets are terrible compared to a command squad, especially for grav. A superior, but similar, setup would be a command squad with gravguns and sacred standard, apothecary and Azrael plus the conclave. Take Zeke plus 3 librarians in the conclave. Far more potent as a Deathstar, imo, it's still a ridiculous amount of points into a single unit. Azrael gives everyone 4++, apothecary gives fnp, which frees Azrael to select rapid maneuvers for +3" charge. The librarians can take an assortment of force weapons to deal with a variety of saves. Zeke gives the unit an extra attack, so it should maul most other units in CC. The biggest drawback, other than the massive pricetag, is that it's slow. Therefore, a drop pod is a must. It would be fun to field, but I doubt it will single handedly win games. It will cause havoc in a decently large threat zone, however.

Today i got to use a 1400 ish point deathstar in a 2000 point game. The core of the unit was azrael + conclave + rw command. I had a dw command as backup so i could move the ICs around. It was a lot like playing jetseer council in Eldar, and it was gross. Azrael affecting 14 models with his invuln save really puts in some work.

I wouldn't recommend it for normal play, but it's basically built on what i ran in 6th where azrael and zeke supported generic black knights. Now I don't ha e to worry about unlocking command squads, so it's super powerful if used right.

On the other hand, it can really get hosed too if your opponent has lots of ignores cover and/or s10

I think the best librarian shenanigans can be had with an allied space marine librarius conclave since theirs is better in every possible way. Put them all on bikes and give them white scars chapter tactics for the skilled rider. Then you put them in your non skilled rider units giving 3 more of your units skilled rider. This gives 3 more units 3+ rerollable jink saves. 2+ near the darkshroud and hopefully one of the three will snag invisibility. If you're lucky and get it early you can do biomancy on the last librarian to for some great close combat staying power and it all goes off on a 2+

Today I ran them with Iron Hands/Clan Raukan because I was making a defensive deathstar and I was going up against another friend's deathstar to test. I had an allied detachment to grab a gorgon chain master to help with the tanking too, and Zeke was my HQ for the CAD. If you are wanting to make each unit better in a more rounded bike list, White Scars is a great choice.

I feel that the spell sharing works best for a single deathstar though, so all your buffs are multiplying each other. Fire Shield + Shrouding gave everyone a 2+ cover without jinking. Sanctuary + Azrael gives everyone a 3++ (I didn't get Sanctuary today). Hammer Hand + For the Lion! + Righteous Repugnance gives you S8 corvis hammers with tons of attacks (Especially w/ Zeke!). I didn't have hammer hand or  For the Lion! today, but Azrael with 8 attacks and generic black knights with 6 attacks on the charge was hilarious.

I wouldn't dismiss our own Conclave though, as the range boost on Mind Worm is pretty slick. I definitely likes the 2+ to cast though, as it helped mitigate perils from multiple dice very nicely. You can get most of the capibility of the meanest death stars with CAD + DA Librarius and stay single codex, which is really awesome.

If you want to run something crazy with Psykers, how about the conclave with the DWSF plus a small CAD.

Not that you would need that many, but that would allow for Zeke + 9 Librarians.

Sure the points for that are ridiculous but so is an 800 point unit in PA.

Personally I would take small CAD that brought at least 1 landraider and put Zeke in there.

Then put the res of the conclave in TDA and bring them in with the DWSF.

With a little work you could probably still get that in under 2000 pts and you wouldn't have all of your eggs in one basket.

The conclave is very flexible. That's one of it's greatest strengths. You don't have to put them all in one group, but the option is there, and you can make that decision on a per game or situation basis.

I think terminators lend themselves very well to splitting up the force

Archived