New imperium player

Ok, so I play Khorne Daemonkin currently.  I want to get a loyalist space marine army, but I'm not sure which I'd prefer to use.  I really like the fluff and asthetic/rules of the Dark Angels, but I've been told that the space marine codex can do everything the dark angels can do but better, and the fluff is just as good...any advice?

Eh, with the new codex coming out I wouldn't say that Space Marines do everything better.  Combat doctrine and chapter tactics are strong (UM are obviously very strong), but I wouldn't say all of them.  Our bikes got a serious boost (attack squadron is really good with the +1 BS) and we certainly do speeders way better than SM does (strafing run and interceptor and the overwatch synergy with RW units).  Our terminators are pretty good and the Lion's Blade detachment does something that SM doesn't do (full BS on overwatch).  The Darkshroud is awesome and can easily find it's way into most lists, the LSV has been improved significantly, and don't underestimate Deathwing Knights, they just became a serious threat to power armor.

It really depends on what you want to play and how good you are at rolling your eyes when neckbeards tell you you play a traitor legion as though they thought of that joke themselves.

Whoever told you that the SM codex does everything the dark angels one does but better is either unaware that dark Angels have a new codex or hasn't properly looked at the new codex. Our Demi company is as good as (and in some situations better than) the SM one. Our bikes are awesome, the ravenwing support squadron is awesome too, and the new psychic powers are not to be sniffed at either.

The Dark Angels' fluff being better, worse, or equal to Codex Marines is highly subjective. For example: I don't care for the Ultramarines, Salamanders, Raven Guard... I'll say that I do like the Iron Hands. That was way more positive! I don't care for how people are playing them but that's not really my concern. Anyway, fluff is a personal thing so let that idea be stricken from your thoughts.

Archived