Librarians, which Level and Discipline most effective ?

Simiel

Well welcome back! I can't really comment as I've just switched over to the Best Angels, whoops, Dark Angels from the Iron Hands. I think there are a few Brothers and Sisters that use a Mastery Level 2 Librarian with Interromancy.

Hope that helps a bit!

Most effective can be awfully subjective, as it depends on what your army looks like, who the Lib will be running with, and who your opponent is in my opinion. That said, I generally run two ML2, one with Interromancy the other with Pyromancy.

I'll tell you what, I just played my first game of the new codex against Necrons and Seed of Fear was about to make him cry. Suddenly army wide ld10 wasn't as boss as it used to be.

Well...that's nice, but I don't think I like the idea of being within 9" of necrons...unless I'm about to smack them with something assaulty!

I'll tell you what, I just played my first game of the new codex against Necrons and Seed of Fear was about to make him cry. Suddenly army wide ld10 wasn't as boss as it used to be.

Well...that's nice, but I don't think I like the idea of being within 9" of necrons...unless I'm about to smack them with something assaulty!

Smacking Necrons with anything is my general strategy. I find the less you smack them, the more they melt your face.

Keep them away from things that can beat them up, or at least stick them with people who can fight the nasties long enough.  Our psychic tree is really good as others have said.

Man you guys have far better luck than me then with just a single ML1/ML2 librarian. (maybe im too used to my seer council or librarius conclave) but My librarians very seldomly do anything with their powers. If i have one ML2 libby - I'm usually taking him for a cheap HQ to drop with a shooty unit. I often fail the psychic rolls. because im getting 3 minimum warp charges per turn. That's enough to reliably cast a single 1 warp charge power, which very often doesn' make a difference for me.

Haha, maybe I'm just sour as all my DA games with the new codex (3 games so far) I've tried the new Interromancy powers with a single ML2 Libby, and i either rolled powers that were fairly useless or just too high of a warp charge cost and I never succeeded in casting them.

I tend to use a level 2 with  Pyromancy, but then I like burning things. Like orks. Haven't had a chance to use Interromancy yet, but I can only imagine what Seed of Fear is going to do to the boyz I usually face. Their player already gripes about having to be subject to leadership rules. 

Caldria, sounds like a case of "Everything counts in large amounts." More dice is always nice.

Haha, yup - very true.

I'm already bad enough at rolling 2+ for my termies, so rerolls and/or more dice are important to me xD

I played 4 games (3 x 1000, 1x 1500) last friday, all of them with one ML2 librarian on bike (just lost a game at 1k vs those damned Harlequins, btw. I love the new codex!), so I was able to use those sweet new psychic powers.

To me, the best one is without any doubt ''Aversion''. Forcing a enemy unit within 24'' to only make snap shots was extremely useful. Got it in my two games against Astra Militarum: in the first game, I was able to negate his tanks squadron's shooting for 2 turns before charging them and destroying them with Black Knights, and in the other I targeted his DAMNED thudd guns (which I loathe with primal hatred) and they would not even shoot once, and the proceeded to destroy them with a drop podded Dreadnought (on which I casted Righteous Repugnance, which gave him 6 S10 attacks on the charge!). This psychic power is really strong, especially when you play Deathwing et Ravenwing, so you can negate your opponent's most dangerous shooty units with a single warp charge. Plus, it almost made my opponent rage quit! 

Righteous Repugnance is nice, especially if you can cast it on Black Knights. 5 S5 rending attacks on the charge, yes please?

The two focussed witchfires are a little underwhelming, as focussed witchfire aren't especially good with Look out, sir!... But casting Mind Worm + Trephination seems like a nice combo.

Against Harlequins, I was able to cast Mind Wipe. While I was already loosing the game, it did debuff his thriced-cursed Solitaire. Against a big juicy deathstar, It'll be really fun and rage-inducing. 

Wasn't able to use Maelstrom of Misery (but it doesn't look that interesting), nor Seed of Fear.

Archived