Quick question: Can I equip one of my DC with dual CS?

BLUESH33P

No, but I doubt many people would mind. The default setup is bolt pistol and chainsword. The extra chainsword would not change anything in CC. Just put a holster on the model as well. Just don't put a bolt gun on him.

Don't you have one of those grenade arms left?  DC do have frag and krak grenades.

No, but I doubt many people would mind. The default setup is bolt pistol and chainsword. The extra chainsword would not change anything in CC. Just put a holster on the model as well. Just don't put a bolt gun on him.

Don't you have one of those grenade arms left?  DC do have frag and krak grenades.

Great idea, thanks!

7th is the age of make your own rules, so I don't think anyone will care. I have an Assault Marine outfitted with two chainswords and a screaming DC head. Kind of a "I think Phil is falling to the Black Rage" look.

Very cool! It's somehow never occurred to me to make troops outside of the death company look enraged...

Unless it's a very stuck up tournament setting, and even then, if anyone gets uppity because your DC has two swords - Dread Sock 'em!

^This. On a serious note, I've modeled guys with dual chainswords before. As Quixus said, as long as you have a pistol holster on them somewhere you should be good.

I have one with dual pistols and one with dual chainswords. 

I count them both as normal in games that aren't more roleplaying narrative. But when my friends and I do our own thing, we do other things.

They always go together, too. 

Although to be honest, if I'm a really cheesy guy and I'm taking 10-15 DC in one squad (Which I am, because I'm evil), having an extra chainsword than is technically legal isn't gonna make a big difference, the squad will be taking everything but a reaver titan down in a turn or less anyway :P

Basically you should do dual weilding DC because: rule of cool. I've got one with dual axes too, just counts as standard bolt pistol plus chainsword:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Forge-World-Blood-Angels-Death-Company-04.jpg

Those chain axes do look pretty damn awesome, it's a shame they don't come with the unit. As far as aesthetics go for my one dude with dual CS, I'm painting one sword to look like a relatively new one that actually belongs to him and the other one look like it perhaps belongs to another chapter and has been rusting and decaying in the mud for a while, with this crazy DC guy just picking it up in the heat of battle because why the emperor not?

I'll post a pic of this miniature when its done so that you guys can have some sort of feedback in return for your help on the matter - even if my painting skills are only tabletop worthy at best

Here's what he looks like at the moment, its kind of hard to see because my camera isn't great at close ups (And neither am I) but I've worn the edges of the UltraMarine chainsword (There's an UltraMarine emblem on it and two yellow stripes on a blue background) and caked the recesses with stirland mud - keep in mind he's not finished but the sword is.

http://i.imgur.com/ZwXKDO4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GL4rIY8.jpg

Also, that's the helmet of a veteran with ultramarine colours in the mud to make the fluff a little more obvious to someone that didn't know the mini-fluff

Archived