Dark Talon - The Vortex take you

SnakeChisler

Just wondering how others are getting on with this I'm into my 6/7 th battle with it so far its spawned 3 Vortexes, on all but 1 occasion has  made up its points.

Its swallowed a Ghost Ark whole and had a Tau opponent going mental trying to shoot it with interceptor & having to cope with it swanning in with a 3+ double jink on occasions so it swallowed a lot of his fire

Funnily enough the threat of it is pretty useful against Tau who waste Interceptor shots at it making it jink and the wings being angled low makes it easy to stay within 6" of the shroud 

Only used it once so far, it spawned a vortex on the first shot that killed a squad of eldar guardian and a wave serpent, and killed a squad of dire avengers with it's canon. I was pretty pleased with it, and it's fun to finally use my model :) 

Next league at my local starts in a few weeks and I put one in my list, let you know how it goes.

On the measuring for Darkshroud thing I'm pretty sure in the BRB it states for flyers you measure everything from it's base not the actual model (e.g buffs, weapon ranges etc).

That is incorrect. Flyers measure to the actual hull of the model for almost everything. The base only counts for embarking/disembarking, assaults (when hovering) and being with 1" of enemy models. In fact models can walk on/over the base of a flyer.

That is incorrect. Flyers measure to the actual hull of the model for almost everything. The base only counts for embarking/disembarking, assaults (when hovering) and being with 1" of enemy models. In fact models can walk on/over the base of a flyer.

I thought that models could stand under the wings, and that friendly units could ignore the flyer's base for movement purposes.

But there is a rule that no model end its move on top of another model, and I didn't think that the flyer rules changed that.

The movie example is that the action hero can jump out a window onto a car then jump through the window of the other building.

But in 40k you can't leave the second floor of one ruin, run across the top of a Rhino and end up on the second floor of the next ruin.

Instead you have to go down to the table level, run around the Rhino, into the next ruin, and then back up to the second floor.

Archived