Help with DW Strike Force

Hinti

Hi out there!!!

Just need al little Help with that DW-Strike Force.

Tomorrow i'll play my FIRST Game in 7th Ed using our wonderfull new Codex.

Now my Question is:

It says that all Units in this Contigent starts in Depp-Strike Reserve.....well I'm curios, that means Deep-Striking Landraiders??

I'll run Belial, TDA Libby and Ezekiel together with a LR (with EZekiel and a Squad of five on Board) and Stuff.....but eh.

I. HAVE. NO. CLUE. WHAT. TO. DO.

And NO i'll never ever field RW (I#d rather DIE)

btw. how many Points is the Teleporter Beacon?? Cant find it in the Codex (german) this one via PN please! smile.png

G

Hinti

At the moment, you cannot legally field a land raider in the DWSF as it forces you to break a rule by either placing a land raider (which does not have deep strike) into deep strike deserve OR by placing the land raider on the table thus breaking the rule of summoned to war requiring all units to be placed in deep strike deserve. As the DWSF does not specifically give land raiders (or deathwing characters without TDA, such as Ezekiel) the ability to deep strike, the only legal option is to not take them. Of course, discussing it with your opponent is always an option in non-tournament settings. In which case most reasonable opponents probably wouldn't mind letting you field a unit starting inside the land raider on the field.

As for teleport homers, only Ravenwing and Belial get them. Nobody has an option to buy them. Drop pods can still buy locator beacons.

Yeah we've all been hoping for a FAQ as soon as possible as this is probably one of the biggest hangups about this release.

Right now RAW you must have a Ravenwing Force if you want to attempt this formation, Ezekiel also can't technically be in this since he would need to start in DS, and like the Landraiders obviously isn't enable to do that.  He would need to come in the form of the conclave standing on the table (hopefully hidden from everyone around him).  

Same goes for the Formation, it's just a different set of obligatory units.

Here's to hoping!

OK, thanks so far well then we've to wait for a FAQ.

Anyway I dumped this Idea and field a Lions Blade Strike Force

This one:

+++ New Roster (2400pts) +++

++ Dark Angels: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Belial [storm Bolter and Sword of Silence]

Chaplain [Crozius Arcanum, Infantry, Plasma Pistol]

Ezekiel

+ Elites +

Deathwing Terminator Squad [Assault Cannon, Chainfists, 7x Deathwing Terminators (incl. Sergeant), 5x Pair of Lightning Claws]

Deathwing Terminator Squad [2x Assault Cannon, 2x Chainfists, 10x Deathwing Terminators (incl. Sergeant)]

Deathwing Terminator Squad [Assault Cannon, Chainfists, 5x Deathwing Terminators (incl. Sergeant), 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield]

Dreadnought Squadron
····Dreadnought [Assault Cannon]
········Power Fist [storm Bolter]

Venerable Dreadnought Squadron
····Venerable Dreadnought [Assault Cannon]
········Drop Pod [storm Bolter]
········Power Fist [storm Bolter]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Plasma Cannon, 9x Tactical Marine]
····Sergeant [Chainsword, Plasma Pistol]

Tactical Squad [Missile Launcher, 4x Tactical Marine]
····Sergeant [boltgun, Chainsword]

Tactical Squad [Missile Launcher, 4x Tactical Marine]

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [4x Assault Space Marine, Jump Pack, 2x Plasma Pistol]
····Assault Space Marine Sergeant [bolt Pistol, Chainsword]

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [4x Lascannon, 9x Space Marine]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

That looks like 5 elites choices to me. That's ok if you've got 2 CADs, but you'd need another troops choice to do that. If it were me, I'd also drop all those plasma pistols. That a very expensive 1-2 shots per game. Give me meltabombs or a combi-weapon any day over a plasma pistol.

Why would you dump the DWSF? Just cuz you don't want to use ravenwing? Your just handicapping yourself. 12" deep strike bubble from a single bike squad far exceeds what lazy/obsolete belial can do. You can still roll out LRs if you want to.

I just use 2 TDA libbys 4-5 DWT squads, DWK, and for stupid firepower a RWSS and a RWAS for the deep strike bubble

Hi, thanks so long!

I dumped dwsf, because @~1800 Points I've NO dw Stuff left over..... :-( :-(

So that List is legal? Personaly i dont't mind odd equipment. its just mt 4fun and so on.

I see that thing with rw, but as i said. never ever.

Hope we'll get a FAQ soon.

For the Lion!

Hinti

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Who were you playing against and what did they bring to the table? Any lessons learned that you would like to share?

If I Remember Correctley: Lysander w. Homies, 2 Normal Dreads, a Contemptor w. Duals Gatlings...(Awesome, have to buy one!) ~3-4 Tacticals w. Rhino, one Pred, one "Scout Landspeeder"(?) Some Devas (HB, Plasma), one Sniper Scout Squad, and a Thunderfire Cannon...thats roughly it.

I made it to Turn 5(!) Last Surviovor was a Hammernator......*ugh*

Ezekiel did exactly NOTHING.....was completley wrong deployed by me....... Belial died in Herroic Combat w. Lysander and his Homies....my Termis did, hmm well a few kills where made. The Chaplain died in open field without doing ANYTHING (again wrong deployed)......

I decided to DS my DRF in Turn 3 (i started)...bad Idea, so the other Elements of my Force get 2 Rounds of INTENSE Fire on them......this is NOT good!

And also i completley missed the mission (Markers.....)

Ah yeah and my DW-Squad with the Hammernators get a Misshap in Turn 3 AND 4..........nice Joke Chaos-Gods.....

Lesson learned?? YES

1. Know your Codex (ok first Time with new one)

2. Know the Rules (absolute first Game in 7th, bought ist last Year on Release, never looked at ist...)

and most Important

3. HAVE. A. WORKING. PLAN.!!!

so far

was my Army legal or not??

Hinti

Lasting to turn 5 is pretty good for getting back into the game.  The importing thing is to know where you went wrong and what you could have done better.  It seems like you are doing well at that.  Having a plan is always a good thing too.

Your army appears to be legal if you divide it into a CAD and a DWSF. 

The CAD is different than a Demi Company, it is in the basic rule book, but after looking through the DA codex, you can take the Demi Company as a formation with the perks listed on the page.  You would get Fire Discipline and Overwatch at BS 3 instead of full BS if you were using the Lion's Blade Formation.

So I would say that it would be a legal list using the Demi Company Formation with Ezekiel as the Inner Circle and a Deathwing Strike Force.

Any lion's blade (I.e. At least one demi-company plus at least one auxiliary formation) gets supreme fire discipline and it works for every unit that is part of the Lion's Blade. Only the free transports requires two demi-companies.

So, if you field a demi-company and a Deathwing Redemption Force then the Deathwing in your RF also get full BS overwatch.

Archived