Objective Complete Birthday Present :D

TheHyperion

Hello everyone,

I am posting this because people asked me to post a picture of the completed work when I was done constructive criticism is welcome :D

~Sapphon

BA Librarian

Sorry for the odd cropping, I had to make the picture fit size limitations in the gallery.

My only real suggestion would be the gems on the red shoulder pads should be a different color. Green looks good, but I've seen people do some pretty awesome blue gems, too. Just something to add more contrast to the shoulders.

Thanks for the tip, its hard to tell in the picture but the gems are actually a slightly different shade of red :D but i like the idea.

~Sapphon

Only issue I see: it looks like you spray primered in high humidity - the surface has a 'goose bumps' look to it.

(Humidity: the bane of my hobby painting.)

Thank you for noticing that, I honestly had no idea, any idea on how to reduce humidity when priming?

Thanks

~Sapphon

Only issue I see: it looks like you spray primered in high humidity - the surface has a 'goose bumps' look to it.

(Humidity: the bane of my hobby painting.)

Thank you for noticing that, I honestly had no idea, any idea on how to reduce humidity when priming?

Thanks

~Sapphon

Lol, a dehumidifier or just wait for the weather.

It still looks good in my opinion.

And yeah, I can see the difference between the red now. Still, the contrast is very subtle. It's a personal preference of mine, but I've always liked the gems to stick out. I really like red gems. But green, green looks sick on red. I've got some examples in my thread if you want to see the contrast before taking the advice to heart or not. 

But like I said, it looks great. And the red with the blue is cool. 

Do you have a WiP thread over in the WiP board? If not, it's pretty cool.

I actually do not have a wip thread, i just need to clear coat and the librarian will be done. I am actually not a blood angels player, but my dad used to be back in the day so i painted this for his birthday, I am actually fairly proud of this model as it is one of my first completions.

Thanks everyone!

~Sapphon

I left my Libby's shoulders blue, just to keep the red gem. But I love how yours turned!

Thank you! I could see how I could have done that! Its a nice idea but I really wanted to make sure it tied into the rest of his army :D

~sapphon

Archived