Question for a death star

Dark_Dell

Ok so the friend I play with fields either a grey knight paladin army or a khorne besker army. The other day I got smashed with a blood angel army but I'm a long time deathwing player. Is it worth taking a death star with belial, interigator chaplin with terminator armor, and a squad of DWK in a land raider crusader and if so how would you use them. It's an 865 point squad(6th edition dex) and we usually play aroind 1850 or 2k. Any help would be awesome.

The best "deathstars" for Dark Angels are nothing Deathwing related. Our terminators are too expensive to go Deathstar. Better Deathstats are made using the Ravenwing and regular command squads with characters. If you are intent on doing a Death(wing)star, I'd build it around the DW Command Squad and not Knights. The command squad gets cheap FNP, the Deathwing banner for extra attacks, the champion for cheap and can still take some storm shields and a heavy weapon.

If I were building a Death(wing)star, it would be a DWCS, Ezekiel and an Interrogator-Chaplain with mace/crozius. Between the flag and Zeke's book, you would have 5A on the charge. If you roll the rage power, 6A. The Interrogator lets you re-roll misses. So that's something like: 6 S6 AP2, 7 S4 AP3 force, 7 S7 AP3, 18 S8 AP2 and 5 S4 AP- with re-rolls on the charge. Split fire will also let you shoot at one thing with a CML or assault cannon and charge something else that you shoot at with a storm bolter and bolt pistol.

So that's a bonus.

Ok so the friend I play with fields either a grey knight paladin army or a khorne besker army. The other day I got smashed with a blood angel army but I'm a long time deathwing player. Is it worth taking a death star with belial, interigator chaplin with terminator armor, and a squad of DWK in a land raider crusader and if so how would you use them. It's an 865 point squad(6th edition dex) and we usually play aroind 1850 or 2k. Any help would be awesome.

Dump the land raider and yes. I've had 5 deathwing knights slaughter many things. 10 are nearly invincible, especially with an I-C and Belial. Now that they are AP3 by default, you'll do even better.

Though I'm curious, I've never had issues with khorne, blood angels, or grey knights. Do you mind telling us what you run and what those armies were? Typically deathwing struggle against tau, eldar, and certain tyranid forces.

I agree we can't compete against other dex's stars. Play the mission, map, and the man, the minis will take care of themselves.

However, one death star Our death wing has the upper hand on is paladins. They usually lack ap 2 in cc. And with hammers and fists we knock out their two wounds with ease. Try and kill any staves possible with shooting, and keep a ss around for their hammers and have fun with it.

I agree we can't compete against other dex's stars. Play the mission, map, and the man, the minis will take care of themselves.

However, one death star Our death wing has the upper hand on is paladins. They usually lack ap 2 in cc. And with hammers and fists we knock out their two wounds with ease. Try and kill any staves possible with shooting, and keep a ss around for their hammers and have fun with it.

My ideal deathstar from our codex is a greenwing command squad in a drop pod, ezekiel, azrael, and maybe sammael. You can also flesh it out with more librarians (Conclave?). Kit them out with a variety of ccw and pistols, stick some lightning claws and power fists in the mix, take an apothecary and suddenly you have a very hard to kill unit that can punch near anything to death. For extra fun, stick a sacred banner and some ranged weapons in the mix. Belial is a fun addition if you want to run sanctic daemonology to deepstrike around the board.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Captain Semper, August 16, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Captain Semper, August 16, 2015 - No reason given

I'm a hardcore fan of Dark Angels so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in the Rock where I would often train with Belial in the training center and help Sapphon with the Fallen torturing, but one day as I was talking to Sapphon, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. He immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave him a confused look and he continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" He then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!" And the a bunch of Watchers popped up out of nowhere.

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Supreme Grandmaster Azrael and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for Deathwing, you just have to do...one thing". He then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave him some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" He then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." He giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and he gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

Archived