Librarian Imperial Knight?

BLUESH33P

So I've wanted an excuse to get an imperial knight for a while now, and at the same time I really find it hard to get interested in purchasing any of the librarians or even using the one I've kitbashed in an actual game. However, I thought that perhaps, as we have normal, power armour, terminator armour and dreadnought librarians, why not a librarian knight titan?

So I drew up a quick plan of what this would look like, pretty much the House tyranis colour scheme except with a librarian-blue mask on and a little more red, along with blood angels heraldry.

I like the idea of all of this, but how would I play it? I'm thinking it should pretty much just be a knight with psyker attributes, but what about points cost? How can I create this knight from a gameplay perspective and keep it balanced?

Just looking for you guys' thoughts and opinions, thanks!

Hey Bluesh333p!

While this is a cool idea first of all you're definitely going to need your opponents permission for any sort of made up rules!

Secondly, Space Marines don't actually pilot imperial Knights and the whole organisation is totally separate to the Adeptus Astartes. They have a long and rich history and I would definitely give it a read though!

But, fear not, in this crazy game there is always an answer! The Grey Knights have a sort of middle ground between a Knight and Dread called (can you believe it...) a Nemesis Dreadknight!

As far as I'm aware it's a Psyker and Is also pretty damned powerful with similar speed and application as the Knights (but no SD or as much firepower to an extent).

You could run these in unbound or even take a small allied detachment of Grey Knights. Plus one of these would look great with a bit of BA bling painted red!

Hey Bluesh333p!

While this is a cool idea first of all you're definitely going to need your opponents permission for any sort of made up rules!

Secondly, Space Marines don't actually pilot imperial Knights and the whole organisation is totally separate to the Adeptus Astartes. They have a long and rich history and I would definitely give it a read though!

But, fear not, in this crazy game there is always an answer! The Grey Knights have a sort of middle ground between a Knight and Dread called (can you believe it...) a Nemesis Dreadknight!

As far as I'm aware it's a Psyker and Is also pretty damned powerful with similar speed and application as the Knights (but no SD or as much firepower to an extent).

You could run these in unbound or even take a small allied detachment of Grey Knights. Plus one of these would look great with a bit of BA bling painted red!

Yeah, I just kinda hate the baby-carrier *ahem* dread knight model. Ah well, I guess I'll just be taking the librarian as well as the knight

Sorry if that came across as a noob question - I thought that non astartes could also be psykers but I guess not :P

Far from it, they could quite easily be psykers! I don't know if theres any fluff about psykers in Knight houses, but it would be cool. I can only imagine though that the mind-link to the knight and warp powers would only increase the risk of daemonic possession....?

Far from it, they could quite easily be psykers! I don't know if theres any fluff about psykers in Knight houses, but it would be cool. I can only imagine though that the mind-link to the knight and warp powers would only increase the risk of daemonic possession....?

Actually they have a deep distrust of psykers. In the Knight codex, it is explained that linking with the Knight's throne mechanicum causes this distrust for some reason. Its because of this distrust that the knight worlds survived through the Dark Age of Technology as they didn't have a bunch of untrained psykers causing havoc on their planets. 

I'm not saying don't do this idea. It sounds really cool! But if you want to justify it fluffwise, you will have to get creative.

Actually they have a deep distrust of psykers. In the Knight codex, it is explained that linking with the Knight's throne mechanicum causes this distrust for some reason. Its because of this distrust that the knight worlds survived through the Dark Age of Technology as they didn't have a bunch of untrained psykers causing havoc on their planets. 

I'm not saying don't do this idea. It sounds really cool! But if you want to justify it fluffwise, you will have to get creative.

I never realised that, although it is interesting! I think I'll feel content now to just take a librarian and a knight separately, though I think that it could still make sense in the lore if the knight were a freeblade rather than a member of a house.

Archived