5k Iron Hands Dreadhead

Slips

+++ Dreadhead - Iron Hands (4995pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (4995pts) ++

+ HQ (630pts) +

Legion Centurion (210pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Graviton Gun, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs, Pair of Lightning Claws, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field]

Consul, Graviton Pulse, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes

····Consul [Forge Lord]

····Battlesmith

Legion Centurion (210pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Graviton Gun, Legion Scimitar Jetbike with Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs, Pair of Lightning Claws, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field]

····Consul [Forge Lord]

····Battlesmith

····Consul [Forge Lord]

····Battlesmith

+ Troops (560pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (280pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes

····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [blessed Autosimulacra]

····Blessed Autosimulacra, Repair

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad (280pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes

····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [blessed Autosimulacra]

····Blessed Autosimulacra, Repair

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

+ Elites (2655pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (675pts)

Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

····Blessed Autosimulacra, Fleet

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (615pts)

Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Volkite Culverin, Volkite Culverin]

····Blessed Autosimulacra, Deflagrate, Fleet

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Volkite Culverin, Volkite Culverin]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (690pts)

Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Heavy Conversion Beamer, Heavy Flamer]

····Blessed Autosimulacra, Firing Calibration, Fleet

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Heavy Conversion Beamer, Heavy Flamer]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (675pts)

Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Plasma Blaster]

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Plasma Blaster]

+ Heavy Support (695pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (255pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Single twin-linked Hellfire Plasma Cannonade]

Extra Armour, Independent Tracking

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [X: Iron Hands]

+ Lord of War (455pts) +

Ferrus Manus (455pts)

Adamantium Will, Eternal Warrior, Fear, Fearless, Fleet, Independent Character, It Will Not Die, Master of Mechanisms, Sire of the Iron Hands, Very Bulky

····Master of the Legion [The Head of the Gorgon]

····Master of the Legion

Created with BattleScribe

Made this on my phone in bed.

While my Salamanders version is a bit more diverse in whats inside the list, I feel that this version can be down right dirty with the amount of Hull Point recuperation that is available to all the Dreads.

Main reason I gave the Forge Lords Jetbikes is for zooming around repairing dreads and for another Relentless Graviton Gun. At effectively T6 vs shooting with 2+/4++/6+(fnp) they make for a pretty tough character to wipe out.

Ferrus will be slow, sure, but with so many dreads screening for him as well as 3+ repair and giving all the dreads IWND free, him just being there is pretty good on its own.

Couple that with Blessed Autosimulacra and each dread can, without FL or Ferrus repair, potentially regenerate 2 lost HP per turn meaning that unless they get focusfired down, theyll be hard to kill.

Ive also told Milicant that Deredeos dont have access to Blessed Autosimulacra (in battlescribe) - which they should. For that reason, just remove the cyber familiar on the tac sarges and count the Deredeos as having the upgrades.

Again, I tried to specialize the Talons a bit but could use some fine tuning since I still did this pretty much quickly.

Also, gave the FL twinLCs since they still have the servo harness for S8 ap2 attacks.

• 3 weeks later...

is it just my quick maths, or have you accounted for points for the Blessed Autosimulacra?

Head of the Gorgon RoW gives it to them all for free. 150 points to spare now, need another dread somehow...

Yeah, Battlescribe was making me pay for it :P So I could technically fit a bit more into the list but not that much more since I'm all out of Elites and Heavy Support Slots.

If anything, I'd Add Jetbikes to the mix.

Is this a fun list or one your gonna use?

How about switching out the missiles on a deredeo for a pavaise? He can move up with ferrus and close contemptor formation to improve those invulns. Maybe the plasma one as the other 2 can sit at the back and dakka

Well, I currently own 5 Contemptors and 1 Deredeo and dont plan on stopping to buy the beautiful things any time soon especially if I make multiple legions. They'll look hodgepodge and ramshackle, but hey. Current plan, however is to potentially, down the road, make my Salamanders Version.

Considered the Pavise. 3" Range and making that many Dreadnoughts stand close to eachother instead of spreading out seems to be inviting disaster more than anything.

Oh I thought it was 6"! Id use it if that's the case. 3" is a no no with all the strong templates about nowadays.

I don't know what iron hands list is fluffy, yet good.

I like a mounted land raider list with breachers/ immortals/ gorgonators.

But this Contemptor list looks fun. Think you could duplicate it at 3k and itd do the job? Maybe sling orth in a venator or something for an extra punch?

Archived