Strikeforce Glatisant

Oshikai

My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.

Hey Fraters smile.png,

I had allready posted some Months ago about returning to 40K, but then decided to keep concentrating on my beloved WHFB Dwarves. But with AOS being the Hotness right now in my local Community, and me hating it with an intense and righteous Passion. I had to start a 40K Project to distract myself and stay sane.

I allways loved Imperial Fists, but never had the Balls to try my Hand on Painting Yellow, to be honest I am still scared to Death about it. I hope this Plog will give me the much needed Drive to get this Army moving.

In the Time between my first Post here and now, the new Marine Codex hit the shelves and I reworked my List with some help over on Warseer and here. Any Input and Feedback is allways more than welcome:

Strike Force Command

************* HQ ***************
Pedro Kantor
- - - > 185 Points

Battle Demi-Company

*************** HQ ***************
Chaplain
+ - Boltpistol
- Teeth of Terra
+ - Meltabombs
- - - > 130 Punkte
*************** Elite ***************

+ Ironclad Dreadnought
- DCW und Heavy Flamer
- Seismic Hammer und Meltagun
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 180 Points

*************** Standard ***************

7 Tactical Marines
- Meltagun
+ Sergeant
- Boltpistol
- 1 x Combi-Melta
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 153 Points

7 Tactical Marines
- Meltagun
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant
- Boltpistol
- 1 x Combi-Melta
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 153 Points

7 Tactical Marines
- Flamer
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant
- Boltpistol
- 1 x Combi-Flamer
- Meltabombs
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 153 Points

************** Sturm ***************

Bike Squad
5 Space Marines auf Bike
- 2 x Boltpistol
- 2 x Gravgun
+ Sergeant
- 1 x Combi-Gravgun
- - - > 145 Points

*************** Heavy Support ***************

5 Devastator Marines
- 4 x Lascannon
+ Sergeant
- Boltpistol
- Bolter
- - - > 150 Points

1st Company Task Force: Space Marines

*************** Elites ***************

8 Sternguard Veterans
- 7 x Bolter
+ Sergeant
- 1 x Bolter
- 1 x Boltpistol
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 211 Points

5 Sternguard Veterans
- 4 x Combi-Meltagun
+ Sergeant
- 1 x Boltpistol
- 1 x Combi-Meltagun
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 195 Points

5 Sternguard Veterans
- 4 x Combi-Grav
+ Sergeant
- 1 x Boltpistol
- 1 x Combi-Grav
+ - Drop Pod
- - - > 195 Points

I am new to all that Formation Stuff, but really liked the added Boni. This List gives me 14 ObSec Units and two sets of Doctrines plus the Imperial fist Traits. I am no Tournament Player but I want my Lists to be Fluffy and still somewhat decent.

Sadly I do not have any painted Miniatures to show yet, but hopefully that will change soon...come on Dude, pick up that yellow and pray to the Emperor its not as daunting as you fear...

But I have started assembling and have aquired most of the Minis :

http://i.imgur.com/KhO1DCS.jpg?1

Although this is not the Place for them I can show some Dwarves, so that there are at least some painted Minis from me to see :

http://i.imgur.com/5Q09LQu.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/GRavVlH.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/AFIHeUK.jpg

Cheers and I hope to return soon with some Painted Fists!

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of Him on Earth!

Cool stuff, based on your painting, i can't wait to see some finished pieces.

(but just fair warning, the half pints will probably get exterminatus'd by the mods, may wanna just save the trouble and remove them. forum rules and all. happy.png )

Thank you Guys for stepping in and your kind words. I will sort those Pics out! Cheers!

I started a Testfigure and it was harsh, firstly painting yellow is as hard work as I imagined, taking me ages for just the yellow Bascoats, but I think I have now reached a yellow hue I like. As you can see I am not the cleanest painter, especially struggling with those Line and Edge Highlights and the coverage is not even on all Areas. Alas I will hopefully get better over Time.

I can see that this will be a exhausting endeavour, actually contemplated to switch to a different Army after the first aweful Averland Sunset coats..but then this is something I have dreamed of for over a decade...An Imperial fist Army...need to push through! As Dorn would have ;).

The Picture actually looks cleaer than the actual mini *lol* . Still I hope you like it or have some Feedback. I wished I was faster to really get this Thread going in the direction I want it to, but I am working on it.

cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/8bzwBDb.jpg

well there are some guys that can give you alot of tips on painting yellow I personally start out basing with white spray then paint yriel yellow and highlight with flash gits yellow this yields you a pretty bright canary yellow then wash with Cassandora yellow watered down a bit until you get the yellow as warm as you want it then finish all the details

Thank You Kriegriss, this Place has proven to be invaluable in reagds to painting yellow and I took many tips from here. I actually started from black and probably made my life harder than necessary but I am liking how the Yellow turned out. I just wished I was a cleaner painter...but then its all practice...something I tend to avoid too much blush.png .

Of course I will, glad you like it smile.png.

1. Several coats of Averland Sunset, thinned down with Water and Lamian Medium
  2. A wash with Gryphon Sepia mixed with Lamian Medium 1:1
  3. Averland Sunset thinned again with Wather and Lamian
  4. Averland Sunset mixed with Yriel Yellow 1:1 thinned again with Wather and Lamian
  5. Yriel Yellow thinned again with Wather and Lamian [- here Things got problematic since the Yriel Yellow didn`t cover as a good as hoped, I think more steps between this and the former are needed]
  6. Highlights Yriel and Dorn Yellow
  7. Dorn Yellow Highlights
  8. Lamenters Yellow Glaze
  9. And the same Highlight Procedure again
  10. Sepia wah in the deepest reecesses

Archived