Using the Stormraven

t-dog1996

Just a quick question (well two really) about the Stormraven, sorry if they are stupid.

Firstly, can it carry Terminators?

Secondly, if it was carrying Terminators and a dreadnought would both be able to disembark and charge in the same turn?

Thanks in advance :)

Just a quick question (well two really) about the Stormraven, sorry if they are stupid.

Firstly, can it carry Terminators?

Secondly, if it was carrying Terminators and a dreadnought would both be able to disembark and charge in the same turn?

Thanks in advance smile.png

1) Yes, it can carry terminators! They count as two models each for the purpose of space (so you can have up to 6, I think)

2) If it goes into hover mode, yes, both units can disembark and charge as it is an assault vehicle :)

Just be careful, thats a huge amount of points relying on a safe delivery.

If your opponent shoots the Storm Raven down, he'll be taking 600+ points of your army off the table in one go.

This is a good point. The other thing to bear in mind is that 600 points is a lot of your army to start in Reserve and I would strongly advise taking something to provide Reserve manipulation just to make sure your Terminators aren't sipping their tea until turn 4. msn-wink.gif
Fortunately BAs have plenty of options in that area. Dante and Karlean both provide reserve rerolls as part of their Warlord Trait. Or you could take a fortification with a comms relay.

Thank you very much! Assault Terminators and a Librarian Dreadnought straight down the enemy's throat... this is going to be a lot of fun!

A Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer and a (Lucius) Drop Pod will probably get them into combat quicker, but that is more expensive. Terminators also don't have  move through cover, so using skies of fury will be a bit dangerous. Don't forget to put a magna grapple on the dreadnought. Spider dread, spider dread...

A Skyshield Landing Pad could maybe give you 1st turn fragioso distraction and 2nd turn terminator charge.

Skyshield Landing pad sounds like a great idea. My 6th edition rulebook says they are 75 points, is that still the case in the 7th (I only have the short form 7E rulebook)?

There are no points in the 7th ed rulebook, so you will need Stronghold Assault. Don't forget the Ready for Take off upgrade, otherwise you cannot start the game with a flyer on the pad.

The rules and points in Stronghold assault are the same as in the 6th Ed rulebook I think (I have stronghold but not the 6th ed book in front of me). Just remember that a Landed flyer cannot zoom on turn 1 so you are still looking at a Turn 3 assault if you zoom or a turn 2 if you do not (although that means you risk more fire as the enemy will not be snap-shooting at you).

The rules and points in Stronghold assault are the same as in the 6th Ed rulebook I think (I have stronghold but not the 6th ed book in front of me).

They are the same, minus some options, but technically the 6th Ed. rulebook is null and void with the publication of the newer edition.

Just remember that a Landed flyer cannot zoom on turn 1 so you are still looking at a Turn 3 assault if you zoom or a turn 2 if you do not (although that means you risk more fire as the enemy will not be snap-shooting at you).

Woops somehow I missed that. It will be a very short charge range for the passengers then.

Archived