Fluffy chapter alliance ?

Rayray1992

Hi there everyone 

I'm thinking about starting another space marine chapter however i obviously wanna begin by using them as allies for my DA , just wondering on a fluffy perspective who are we most likely to work with.

I know black templars are out after the cypher incident and we don't really play well with the wolves 

We work extremely well with other Unforgiven. ;)
Jokes aside, perhaps you could create your DIY Chapter  and just say they are a DA sucessor but uses different rules... Then you should have no problems for fluff.

But if you just want a ready made Chapter, any will work with DA.. Despite being insular, DA will "work" (as in cooperate in their own terms) with other chapters during big campaigns.

Dark Angels will work with any Chapter, even Balck Templars, as they hold protecting the Imperium above their own honor.  However, they are not particularly friendly with Space Wolves, and relations are rocky with the Black Templars since the... incident.  Friendlier Chapters would be Blood Angels and Ultramarines.  I would go with Blood Angels myself.

As long as there is no Inquisitor, the DA should work with any chapter. I am trying to recall if the rest of the Black Templars are even aware of the events of the Gulf or if they figure the vessel lost to the perils of the Warp and thus have no Animus to the Unforgiven.

As to the Wolves, beyond the culture clash and the honor fight when to two meet, there really is nothing stopping the two from working together. I know one book has been written illustrating this. Somehow, I keep seeing the Wolf as laughing after the honor fight, slapping the DA on the back and then being brothers in the upcoming battle and saving the DA from death.

They work ok. Just remember if your opponent takes cypher to abandon your allies to their fate immediately and then once victory is secured you have to fight it out with your allies to make sure no witnesses to your shame have survived...

I mean fluff wise you know...

We work extremely well with other Unforgiven. msn-wink.gif

Jokes aside, perhaps you could create your DIY Chapter and just say they are a DA sucessor but uses different rules... Then you should have no problems for fluff.

But if you just want a ready made Chapter, any will work with DA.. Despite being insular, DA will "work" (as in cooperate in their own terms) with other chapters during big campaigns.

Until they pull up their skirts and run away continue their hunt for the fallen. msn-wink.gif SCNR

Dark Angels will work with any Chapter, even Balck Templars, as they hold protecting the Imperium above their own honor. However, they are not particularly friendly with Space Wolves, and relations are rocky with the Black Templars since the... incident. Friendlier Chapters would be Blood Angels and Ultramarines. I would go with Blood Angels myself.

Yes, the old Angels of Death combo is pretty fluffy too.

Dark Angels will work with any Chapter, even Balck Templars, as they hold protecting the Imperium above their own honor. However, they are not particularly friendly with Space Wolves, and relations are rocky with the Black Templars since the... incident.

This "incident" you are talking about is non-existent. There's better things to talk about that something that did not happen. rolleyes.gif

I believe the Templars, overcome with Zeal, slew their Navigator for being a Psyker and got lost in the Warp.

You know what? nearly that exact thing happened to my crusade 11 years ago... We promoted the neophyte responsible to chaplain!

Archived