DV set and Magnets

Darkn3ssF4lls

The easiest and best thing to magnetize is the assault cannon on the terminator. That way you can swap out for a different heavy weapon down the road.  The good news is that you can still assemble and paint the terminator since the arm is held on by a pin.

You can do other conversions too but they would require more bits not magnets. 

Aye it's weird I want to maximize everything from the start but I don't know what my options are per say haha. I know the tactical Marine with the heavy should be too right because he can be everything. Same same special weapon if there is one.

The special weapon guy has a plasma gun but the gun has two hands molded on it, meaning you will need a special weapon and another hand. Then you will need magnets small enough to fit in the arms. To me, it is more trouble than it is worth. The same goes for the plasma cannon too. He will need the back pack and both arms magnetized. In order to get the soecial weapons and heavies, you will need to buy the tac marine box or the devastators. The option is ebay but once you add up all the shipping fees you will probably be better off buying the boxes.

The best place to magnetize marines in power armour is at the shoulder.

What size magnets did you get?

The dv set is all monopose push together dudes, it would be better to focus on magnetizing other kits that come with more options and are more apt for posing to accommodate alternative load outs.

Hi dude!

I magnetised all my DV, yes you have to do the shoulders and back packs and on a couple of the load outs you may have to magnetise the cable linking the weapon with the pack but for me it was totally worth it so as to have all available options. I also magnetised the sergeant so he could have all weapon options.....I love magnetising..lol

Hi dude!

I magnetised all my DV, yes you have to do the shoulders and back packs and on a couple of the load outs you may have to magnetise the cable linking the weapon with the pack but for me it was totally worth it so as to have all available options. I also magnetised the sergeant so he could have all weapon options.....I love magnetising..lol

It sounds like you put a lot of hard work into this.  Would you be able to post some pictures?

I'm no Debbie Downer as everyone should have a project they want to do but magnetizing the DV set sounds like torture. As Canadian_F_H said, you'll get more mileage out of those magnets using actual Tactical, Assault, Devastator, etc boxes.

If anything, though, it'll be good practice to work on the DV set so there's that.

I have the dv set and they will be built as provided, for the express purpose of breaking the tedium of constantly painting black armor, and as a training tool for friends... Also as a potential starting point for chaos if they ever release a better codex...

Now the baal deathstorm box is very very magnetizable! So apparently I need to buy magnets now... Lol

The only thing in the starter set really worth magnetizing is the assault cannon arm in the Deathwing squad.  For the rest you might as well just buy other model kits which will have plenty of options that will be better candidates for magnetization.

The only bits from the DV box I have magnetised are: Sergeant's hands (at the wrists) so he can have a power sword or bolt pistol etc... (Usually the latter), and the Ravenwing Bikers hands (also at wrists) so they can have melta/grav etc...

This method does need access to a bits box/internet bit sellers but can add flex to the basic (cheap!) DV force you can build.

I have the dv set and they will be built as provided, for the express purpose of breaking the tedium of constantly painting black armor, and as a training tool for friends... Also as a potential starting point for chaos if they ever release a better codex...

Now the baal deathstorm box is very very magnetizable! So apparently I need to buy magnets now... Lol

I have put together at least three DV sets (perferect box set for meas I play both), and I can tell you that if you are looking to start a Chaos Force, you can magnatize with a little work so each of the Chosen that come with the set s do not have the chorus line look and to get more weapon options. This takes some time but is relatively easy. I was in the process of doing this with mine when the DA Codex dropped so they obviously went on the back burner. I did not Magnatize the DA models as I did not really have a need for it at the time, although I have gone back and converted the bolt pistol bikes into special weapons like meltas and such.

Personally I do not know that I would be able to wait a month just to magnitize them...

Personally I'm against doing any work while the models on frame. I've tried it before and it's so hard to clean mould lines in tough to reach areas. If you want to paint pre glue that's fine as I do that, but I highly recommend clipping and cleaning the pieces before painting. End result is a much better looking model.

As far as magnetizing the DV models, I find it very hard to magnetize the snap fits soo I tend to stay away. As stated the assault csnnkn terminator and the tactical seargent is possible but the rest arent.

Archived