Wasn't it said earlier that you need 6 million crewmembers to h andle a gloriana? So how come the dragon need only 1,5 milliom when it should be 12 million.?

The Dragon isn't of imperial build, it was built in Daer'dd's ship yards so there is far more automation than most ships. And you'll find most of the massive crew numbers come from 40k ships when original machines became irreplaceable so it was done with man power instead.

If we have a look on the canon, the only legion we could compare with the CL are the UM because of their realm. They don't have such a fleet, theirs is even smaller than that of the Fists. And the Fists don't even have a Gloriana because of the phalanx.

They were probably just never given one since the Phalanx is the size of a "Small" Moon and can even berth multiple Gloriana's within its docks.

Wiki's state that they were in service from "Late 30th Millennium" meaning the Early Legions probably didn't have them yet. It also states that they were intended as gifts to the Primarchs from the Emperor, so, yeah.

Edited by Slipstreams

While the fist this thing bugs me I'm going to leave it alone for now.

I think a good bar to set for fluff as far as ships go. Is that obviously everyone can have a Gloriana; Legions may have a select relic ship or two; fleets are very large 1000+ frigate and larger ships for standard legions, fleet based legions may have a reclaimed space hulk or multiple Ramilles class star forts as main hubs; any legion may have a Leviathan class ship or two if they wish Daer'dd would have gladly had them built for them; if you do want to create a unique superheavy remember the Gloriana class ships are wholly unique, designed and built by the greatest living mind in the galaxy and are bar none the finest class if ships.

Does that seem like a fair set of suggestions to everyone?

Sounds legit.

The leviathans, they were like the Gloriana but not that large, right?

Depending on what came first, one of them could be temporary my legions flagship before the Gloriana.

The predators do have one Ramilies to secure both Mardum and the Shattered World.

Besides that, the usual Avenger Grand Cruisers and lots of barges and strike cruisers, frigates and so on.

Leviathans are already a kind of massive land vehicle, aren't they?

Glad to hear Redd and Mikhal are keen to display the stories a bit more widely, I'm gonna wait and hear what others say for now.

It's just class name, the first one built The Leviathan (later: The Emperor's Leviathan) sort of christened the class name before Daer'dd knew their was a a Leviathan tank (which is also used heavily by the VIth lol)

What ships do we have besides the Dragon that can rival a Gloriana? I believe the Lightning Bearers will have one or two, what with the fabled shipyards of Akira. There's also the matter of who gets the Terminus Est.

I believe Terminus Est went to the Dune Serpents.

As for ships which could stand up to a Gloriana, each Clan of the CL has a Blood Stars pattern battle barge as its flagship. They tend to be around 16-18km in length and everything about them, like most CL ships, is built to get into a boarding action as quickly as possible. Short range wpnry, prow heavy shields etc. Think the Eternal Crusader but Great Crusade scale

I am sorry, but this is WAY to much. that is 12-almost gloriana's. No legion should be able to do that. Look with two HUGE ships (like the red comet and the Tira-To) thats okay, but more than 10? That is outright rediculous.

Agreed.

I was assuming that the legions wouldn't jump from 8km long battle barges to 20-25km long glorianas. So I thought every legion would have vessels of similar size and firepower. So they weren't meant to be 12 special snowflake vessels, they were meant to be the CL legion's 12 largest vessels after their gloriana and I assumed every other legion would have at least a few vessels of comparable size and firepower(GS excepted)

Edited by Sigismund229

I was assuming that the legions wouldn't jump from 8km long battle barges to 20-25km long glorianas. So I thought every legion would have vessels of similar size and firepower. So they weren't meant to be 12 special snowflake vessels, they were meant to be the CL legion's 12 largest vessels after their gloriana and I assumed every other legion would have at least a few vessels of comparable size and firepower(GS excepted)

This makes no difference, twelve almost gloriana's is STILL twelve almost gloriana's. One gloriana MAYBE one and one that is an almost gloriana class and then nothing coming even close to the size and power. They are the pinnacle of the legions, not some kind of main command boat all legions have many off, the gloriana class and semi-gloriana's are very rare and far between