Only Lird Thorn, Sanguinius and Blunt don't seem to eager to take full control. But let us first finish Scioms and Godlaayers, waiting for hesh. If he doesn't appear until thne. Well then we think new. But you could reade into their fluff. So that you know where to start from if day x shall come

Yeah. I think that'll dictate quite a sparse command tree.

Also, I hope my mental image of Raiden as Everchosen doesn't run too far away from however Athrawes pictures him. Stuck the TFA score on the other day when driving to work and this resulted:

+++++

“You know what I've come for.”

The aged Rogue Trader stood his ground. “I know where you came from. When you carried the title Sentinel, not Ruiner.”

The glowering helm was inches away from his face. “The Book of Magnus. We know you recovered it.” He straightened up as the sorcerer and his retinue emerged, bringing with them a massive book bound with black metal chains. “And now it passes into the hands of the Black Legion.”

“The Black Legion arose from Chaos. You -”

“The Black Legion arose from my vision, and by my will. Do not think to lecture me that I do not belong within the army I raised.”

“Then we have nothing more to speak of.”

“I do not dispute that.” The unsheathing of the sword and the killing blow were a single, perfect motion. The Ruiner turned the head over with the point of his sword, gazing silently down at the face. Then he turned to the vast book as it was set down at his feet, and for a long minute there was silence as he studied his prize.

One of his captains stepped forward. “Sir, the prisoners?”

The Ruiner looked to Slynnat, who rasped, “Khorne cares not for the blood of the weak. There are worthier pickings out in the wastes.”

“Very well,” Athrawes nodded. “Go. Hunt.”

The Blood Knight crashed a fist against his chestplate. “Blood for the Blood God.”

“Skulls for the Skull Throne.”

The Hell Walkers boarded their dropships. As the sand scattered, Athrawes turned to his remaining lieutenants. “Will the Plague God and Prince of Pleasure look more favourably upon the spoils?” They inclined their heads. “Then I leave them to you. Spare none.”

Jeering laughter, clinking chains and piteous moans filled the night as he turned to his final advisor. Legba gazed back from beneath his hood. “The Lord of Change makes no claim.” He knelt and ran a finger over the grimoire. “This is all the prize we require. With it, we will strike a blow against the Imperium such that it has not seen in a thousand years.”

The Ruiner did not acknowledge the words as he gazed to the horizon, where the searchlights of the dropships dipped and flashed. Around him, flamers and phosphex saw to the remaining buildings. A little fiefdom of the False Emperor, burning. Soon a thousand others would join it, a portent and a stepping stone to the ruin of the Imperium. The pompous fools on Terra had forgotten to dread them.

Now their long punishment began.

Burning Legion ;P

Just kiddin

End bringers?

Mortis Legion, legiones nihiles, the deliverers, sons of apocalypse, the chosen legion, black sons

Has to be a powerful name. One which remind of the BL but has to be different.

It's a good name, but the question is Raiden will want to get away from the heritage of Icarion who, assuming the version of his death that I sketched out gets OK'd by Athrawes, arguably makes himself a bigger failure than Horus. Edited by bluntblade

Hmm, I suppose, although I hope if they do change titles again they don't become the Black Legion, it feels kinda unimaginative to me.

We'll give them a different name, don't worry.

Well if the canon verse is anything to go by (Talon of Horus by ADB) by the time Raiden rises to power the Harbingers will have ceased to exist. Giving rise to something new and different.

I'm working vaguely on that basis too.

"The Imperium taught us only two things: that the Emperor was a liar and that the Primarchs were not without flaws. He designed twenty sons to act as his generals, his proteges, the leaders of a peaceful future. What he did was a bunch of artificial life forms, bearing the same flaws, they hypocritically fought against: mutation, superstition, religion and tyranny. They have failed. Instead of unifying mankind, they brought war. Instead of enlightenment, they spread their own perverted versions of the imperial truth. It was them who made this universe to what it is now: a burned playground of madmen. Now, with the Stormlord being dead, another failure can be added to the never ending list of their mistakes. I say, it is enough! I say, that we are the true sons of this Imperium. We were once human. We are now something more, like Demi gods. It is our birthright to rule this galaxy! The Emperor and his cursed children had their chance! Now, it is time for us to claim it! We are the True Sons! If 18 gods nearly brought the Imperium to it's knees, let us find out what the wrath of thousands of sons can achieve!"

-------

Raiden Athrawes, the Ruinor, the Chosen One, leader of the True Sons Legion

Edited by Kelborn

“Above all else the Imperium taught us that the Emperor was a liar and that the Primarchs were not without flaws. Whether by the design of the Gods or the failures of their maker, our fathers and by extension we bore the same flaws we fought against: mutation, superstition, religion and tyranny.

They failed both in loyalty and treachery. Instead of unifying mankind, they brought war. Instead of enlightenment, they spread their own perverted versions of the Imperial Truth. Where he might have built an empire of the strong, Icarion threw down his blade and begged for the gift of oblivion. It was they who made this Galaxy to what it is now: a burned playground of madmen.

Now, with the Stormlord dead, those of our fathers who remain treat the Galaxy as just that. They and our former comrades walk paths of myopia, that admit no worthy cause. So now humanity huddles around the Astronomicon and whimpers at the dark, but not at us. We are become cautionary tales and nothing more, denied that which is due to us.

I left my old Legion to die, as one last act of mercy to them. Now I see that I must cut the thread myself, lest the rabble enslave themselves again to a demigod who can only fail. We must bow to none, not to Primarch, not to man. If we look beyond the old allegiances, we can take the reins and know that our resolve will no falter. We waged the Insurrection on the orders of our masters and endured defeat while they crumbled or lost interest. There is strength in all of you here, to have passed through the fire and not been consumed by it. Such strength that if we grasp it and do not shrink from the challenge, the Galaxy itself can be ours.

All of you want something more than destruction, hedonism and useless knowledge. I offer you the chance to claim your birthright, and a worthy cause. Cast aside your warbands, and you will be a Legion once more. The Legion of the ____.”

Raiden Athrawes, the Ruiner, Master of the ____

Hell Bringers? Thunder Heralds? (bringing it full circle to the Thunder King) Hell Walkers? The Scouring Dark? I'm currently distracting myself from BotL work by trying to decide what sort of gunship he should ride in.

There was also an insurance claim distracting me.

I'm wondering about Prospero too, and what Morro might say to infuriate Hec and the others. Possibly offering to "take care of" any remaining Wolves. In an Al Pacino way, as opposed to what Hec had in mind.

Edited by bluntblade

Icarions Ship is named Thunderchild and Raiden Athrawes.ship "Storm's end".

Now ist the question: will he get control over the thunderchild or will he keep control of storm's emd? Will he get a new one? Maybe a black fortress? "Fortress.of fear"

About morro: he could say something aboit the mutation that has occured and that he will kill every surviving wolve with his own hands if necessary to enaure that soemthing like propsero will never ever happen again. And to show his good will he throws a wolf head into the group ( a known wolve maybe which accompagnied the lions as diplomat or so)

The guy is not alive. He is dead. He could met him before he even reached prospero.

He would be dead? With big e and the other primarchs near? The crazy three would be outrageous and i am sure at least hec would try to kill him. But icarion and alex are there and even IF alex is outraged he would try to calm the situation. ( instead of a wolve it cut be leman russ helm, sqord, axe,shield or another psrt dear to the wolve which morro casts aside or destroys togheter with his promise to hunt down every single wolve)