If we really wanted to push the boat out, the Lightning Bearers could be slightly larger than the Ultra's. That would go someway to evening out the numerical disparities.

Incidentaly, I go back to the UK on a fairly regular basis so it would be more conveniant for me if it was there, cos I won't have the funds to go to the US for at least several more years.

An idea. We could have several campaign games in our respective corners of the world, instead of one big one in a central location. And we could have the campaign battles vaguely mirror a front in the Insurrection. Like the Australian game could represent what's going on in the Segmentum Tempestus, the US be Ultima, and the UK/Europe be Obscurus.

An idea. We could have several campaign games in our respective corners of the world, instead of one big one in a central location. And we could have the campaign battles vaguely mirror a front in the Insurrection. Like the Australian game could represent what's going on in the Segmentum Tempestus, the US be Ultima, and the UK/Europe be Obscurus.

Yeah but who's actually going to want to come to the land where everything is trying to kill you :wink: ?

Yeah but who's actually going to want to come to the land where everything is trying to kill you :wink: ?

Masochists, that's who.

Hey gang, Mikhal just messaged me about the group, I had no idea!  I tend to only keep to the WIP board, to be fair.  But I'll throw my hat in, sounds fun!  

If no one minds, I'll nab the II legion, if possible?  I'd like an early discovery for Encheleus, so he can try to interact with other Primarchs and fail.  

Also, I have finally decided on a Legion name: The Voidborn.  

Edited by mrun0riginal

The II and XI legions are taken already, though I do like your enthusiasm. We do have several people who've offered multiple legions. You can ask them to withdraw and allow you a spot. Or, in the event someone drops out, we can put your legion in. 

Gyah, I sound like a secretary.

Simison, secretary of the BotL, keeper of (not many) secrets :tongue.: . I jest of course, without your efforts none of this would be happening.

Hehe, seems he hadn't enough time to read through all 16 pages and side threads.

One idea: what about the secessionist primarch? Isn't that a relatively free spot? He would die early on. But we could make a great story of him beeing killed.

Actually: who is the secessionist? I find him on the primarch apperance list. But not on the primarch list.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

And it all started on a whim, no less.

mrun, mind telling us what your legion specialties are? That could affect a couple of decisions.

My Legion is the Blank Legion.  They tend to lean towards Void combat, and leave most of the ground work to humans.  This is because they make everyone uncomfortable, as a group of them are psychic Nulls, and even those that aren't have some effect on other humans, causing friction.  

If I could, I'd have everyone involved, but I don't want us to break too far from the original legion limit. 

Now, I do like Slips' suggestion. Do we have any volunteers? Skal? The Voidborn sound like a natural fit with the Void Eagles, if you're willing.

Well, pre-BotL ideas for the Void Eagles included the Terrans never really accepting the changes, rebelling, and eventually murdering Yucahu, with the original Legion Master using specially engineered armour to fight on the same level. Now, we can either just have a twin-primarch situation, or, more interestingly, the Terrans joining the Traitor (and eventually Revolutionary) side, the Legion Master subjecting himself willingly to augmentation and "blank-ification" to get his revenge.

Another thing to note is that Yucahu is not voidborn, but was raised amongst sea-faring tribes on an archipelagic world, eventually developing airborne transportation, and spaceflight a few years before the Crusade reached it. If we take the twin-primarch road, the Voidborn could be one to turn to piracy while Yucahu leads regular navies, both pre- and post- coming of the Emperor.

Ultimately Mrun, it's up to you.

Edited by Skalpynock

Would it be possible for me to revise my estimate of how large the Lions are at the start of the heresy? I ask because for them to have stayed at 130.000 for the past 100 years seens a bit odd. My revised estimate would be around 150-170.000 marines, with 60-80.000 on detached duty.

So, I was wondering, with the specialty threads and the legion threads dedicated for this continuity, should we ask the mods to create a sub-forum for this project? I've never done anything before that got this big on a forum and don't know the guidelines or the protocol for such a thing.