I have to agree with Kelborn here, most renegades and traitors quickly cast off their former colours and icons to forge a new identity for themselves, and although there have been a few rare exceptions who keep them those have usually been to mock or sully the reputation of the parent chapter. Most Chaos lords accepting Astartes of foreign descent into their warbands do so with the condition they repaint their armour to match the warband's as a matter of course, this visual uniformity breeds a loose sense of unity amongst the Warband (as well as being a show of obedience on the newbie's behalf) rather than newcomers stubbornly holding onto their previous identities and cultures, potentially causing divisions amongst the ranks with an "us versus them" mentality.

I'm not sure exactly, but it's a Rhino chassis (this might change) based walker, heavily up armoured and mounts heavy shield generators and more exotic high power weapons, like heavy conversion beamers, modified accelerator autocannons from the Sicarian, thunderfire cannons. And so on and so forth

So, what you're telling me is... The Bears took a Rhino APC, and turned it into a Mammoth Mk.2? :o

http://www.cybergooch.com/images/tibsunarchive/heavy.jpg

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

But some other factions within the Mechanicus like him because he gave them a chance to collaborate with the Auretian Technocracy.

Oh, I should quickly mention for Rip's benefit that the Interex and Technocracy aren't destroyed in the Crusade. Aureus however is ruined by the Berserkers of Uran in the process of exterminating the Shepherds of Eden.

Might it be a good idea to pop story links in the first posts of Legion threads? Just something to give a quick impression of the Legion - so the Halcyon Wardens could have Sim's story of Alex messing with the Orks telepathically, the Lions could have Meros' or one of Sigi's, and so on

I second that..so you can have a quick look at a legion. I suggest that we put the legion colors and the shoulderpads thorn made on the first post too. Maybe clean everythimg up and give the post a unified structure. I mean the board is the first thing new people come to.

I second that..so you can have a quick look at a legion. I suggest that we put the legion colors and the shoulderpads thorn made on the first post too. Maybe clean everythimg up and give the post a unified structure. I mean the board is the first thing new people come to.

That'd be fab. If you wanted to really go above and beyond, you could add an example Legionary like Sigi has, whether in painter or as a model.