Might it be a good idea to pop story links in the first posts of Legion threads? Just something to give a quick impression of the Legion - so the Halcyon Wardens could have Sim's story of Alex messing with the Orks telepathically, the Lions could have Meros' or one of Sigi's, and so on

On it, monsieur.

Excellent job, monsieur.

You know what I'd like? A 30K legion painter app for a tablet.

Edited by bluntblade

I'm not sure there is either. Maybe link to the Second Son?

That's just it. I have plenty of Alex stories, but none really focusing on the V as themselves. That's what Praetorian is supposed to fix. To see the Wardens from a Warden's perspective. 

We'll have some before long. Akylles is positioned to fight on Mars under Ruel, so there's plenty of potential there. If you're not keen to write some stuff set there, I could have a go once I've finished Prospero and the story with the Predators.

I still need to work out who will be the protagonist in the story on Terra itself, with the Wardens called away to Mars. Probably Muniza's younger aide, as I have a little scrap setting him up (mostly as it gave me an excuse to write about Madrigal).

Sweet. I'm thinking I may try and do something with the Warriors of Peace, Wardens of Light or Lightning Bearers next, possibly using a young Odyssalas' POV. Also, I've only referred to the Warrior Lodges so far, so this'll be a nice chance to flesh them out a bit. Are we keeping "I can't say"?

Sweet. I'm thinking I may try and do something with the Warriors of Peace, Wardens of Light or Lightning Bearers next, possibly using a young Odyssalas' POV. Also, I've only referred to the Warrior Lodges so far, so this'll be a nice chance to flesh them out a bit. Are we keeping "I can't say"?

As in are they secret? I'm not sure. In canon, it's the Word Bearers who establish the Lodges, but, even as a Lost Legion, the Halcyon Wardens have always had the Lodges, and they have never been secrets. The difference being that the Warden Lodges were meant to also help Wardens along their aretes, in the fight against their weakness.

So, if there are multiple sources of Lodges, then Alex lays claim to have started the oldest branch, and they are open and upfront about being a place where rank doesn't matter, to relax, and to pursue one's path. 

If no one else has started their own Lodge, then the Warden Lodges are the only ones around, and all Legions are invited to copy their format.

I know of two versions of who started the Lodges. I have to confess, I prefer Abnett's vagueness about the origins of the Lodge, saying that they were developed from bodies that existed before the Legions.

I imagine the Stygian Phantoms will have adopted the Wardens' system, and the Scions will continue it. I also presume that the WoL and WoP will have done likewise

I would have imagined that the ties a lodge had to the insurrectionists would depend on the legion they were based in - I.e. they'd be widespread within the Godslayers and be used as a tool to turn the legion to Icarion's new vision, whereas within the Serpents they'd have almost no insurrectionist ties and hold little sway over the legion.

The Lions wouldn't have lodges. They just wouldn't see the point. They can improve themselves through training(hence why they treat training fights as they would any other fight, using sharpened blades and all) and reprimanding their men for speaking freely isn't something Crimson Lions officers do generally

So a best of the best approach? Like in Mortal Kombat?

As the wardens are brothers every warden is encouraged to speak freely. They choose their squadleaders. The squadleaders xhose the captains, captains choose x...and so on. Democracy!!!!

But i still aee something lile the lodges work so that different branches can interact freely with each other and close the gap between terran borns and the caerbannogi (and later the refugees)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Could try and have someone subtly implement it throughout the 'serkers through the Cells, which I was gonna have work in a roughly similar manner anyways, just as a more public organisation. They'd be too aggressive in their rejection otherwise. Edited by Raktra

The Lions wouldn't have lodges. They just wouldn't see the point. They can improve themselves through training(hence why they treat training fights as they would any other fight, using sharpened blades and all) and reprimanding their men for speaking freely isn't something Crimson Lions officers do generally

Well, since it looks like the Vth did start them, the Lodges are essentially the glorified clubs of recreation centers. Every Warden ship has one, at least a room devoted to just relaxing. So, while some of the Lodges would have a training/dueling bent, others would feature libraries or workshops for the pursuit of learning. Alex's official explanation is that this is to encourage his sons' humanity and interaction with humanity since all humans can join in as well, but the unofficial reason is that it allows the Wardens to quietly fight off their curse.

Thinking on it, the ranking Chaplain aboard the ship is probably the Lodge Master since it ties in with their duties to monitor the Wardens for symptoms of the curse.

Does anybody else think it's kinda weird that the Ultramarines get the smallest legion description, while the Book 6 legions get the most, even though they don't get all of their rules? I mean the two Angels both get two big paragraphs compared to the two sentences for the Ultramarines.

I assume there's no tomfoolery about everyone wanting to be an Ultramarine and having to live the fact that theyre not good enough

The Ultramarine's legion description? You assume correctly. It's a very 'safe' description. Kind of bland, now that I think about it.

But then that's the boys in blue, mostly. As far as I can see, the fun comes from playing with or against that squeaky clean aspect, or forcing them into unusual situations like Calth - A Lesser Son of Greater Father's (I forget the person's name) springs to mind.