I suggested to jump to book 4 because we did already a lot of work there. And it there are no jackals or any connections to them.

Yeah, you are frustrated, I can understand that. But keep calm and see what can be done. If you want to stsrt book 2, then we should work on the other legions and keep the jackals vague atm, so that if the worst case occurs, we can insert another legion for them. Maybe we can even put them back and introduce another legion? Is there a possibility?

then we should work on the other legions and keep the jackals vague atm, so that if the worst case occurs, we can insert another legion for them. Maybe we can even put them back and introduce another legion? Is there a possibility?

I am highly against pushing the Jackels back at this point. Expansion is a really good fit for them to do what they're good, and it's important we have a Traitor Legion here before the Insurrection is swamped in daemonic power. From a meta perspective, Invictus really did tell me he wasn't working on the Jackels at an earlier point because they weren't going to come up for a while. I don't want to push them back as a reward for inactivity. 

I'm not proposing we do anything today to the Jackels. I'm willing to give the PM a week to reach him. Hopefully, we simply have another situation where RL unexpectedly intervened, and he hasn't gotten a chance to come back yet. 

Until that point, we can do the rules for the Book 2 Insurgos and fluff.

Edited by simison

So just what happens if he takes more than a week? Edict of purgement? And then? The legion must be similar to the jackals if they should fit into book 2. I second you that they are not really worked out or heavily connecred to our broverse atm. Not the same case like morro and the drowned. ( good thing hesh did so much work beforehand & even better thst hesh is back from the death [hey...hesh is moving to australia....so he could hunt invictus down for us...morrostyle])

After a week, I was just going to set up another discussion. Maybe replacement, maybe the group argues for more time. 

You are right that the Jackels are pretty much the only remaining legion that can be replaced at this point. Kel has actually done enough work that the Predators are settled into the universe. Still a little awkward, but they've successfully replaced the Ghost Walkers.

Which brings up another concern of mine. The more work we do around the Jackels, the less breathing room will be available down the road to establish a legion's actions during the Insurrection.  

So maybe we shoudl really concentrate on book 4. The book although it has great impact, doesn't givr away much on the jackals or draws from them. So if we have to replace them, another legion can still be implemented and the master has enough freedom to insert his own ideas.

So maybe we shoudl really concentrate on book 4. The book although it has great impact, doesn't givr away much on the jackals or draws from them. So if we have to replace them, another legion can still be implemented and the master has enough freedom to insert his own ideas.

Negative. We can work on the Book 2 Insurgos, their fluff and rules, and do some of the first few sections of the general history section. Squig is welcomed to work on the Dune Serpents, but the Godslayers are still his priority.

But that meams work around the jackals and limit the breathing space for whoever will enter ( invictus return or mr. X takes.over)

Not really. Every Horus Heresy book, starts with a basic recap of how the Heresy started and prior events leading up to the book's campaigns. We can do the general overview without limiting our breathing room. Neither will working on the Insurgos will do so, since we're just establishing their rules and their identities, which are independent of the Jackels' existence.

And I should stop doing nothing, and focus on fluffing the Void Eagles / Morning Stars, lest I forget I'm supposed to be in charge of them, and that they're in book II.

Oops, forgot the Void Eagles were in Book 2. 

But yeah, while we're not doing the campaigns, you can start working on the Void Eagle fluff chapter. Remember the format?

Might it be worth implementing some sort of a buddy system for the various legions? So that there is a second person who can answer questions and work on things in case the primary ever has to disappear unexpectedly, for whatever reason.

That is a great Idea.

Might it be worth implementing some sort of a buddy system for the various legions? So that there is a second person who can answer questions and work on things in case the primary ever has to disappear unexpectedly, for whatever reason.

Could also result in much better rules/fluff and a  difference in some of the characters as well. Which could give each legion more depth

Before the situation arose with the Ghost Walkers, I thought that was implicitly the case. It isn't, but should definitely be. Would also help Legionaries to get acquainted to another legion.

The Predators have entrenched themselves pretty well in the narrative; they're also interesting to write. Having been initially sceptical about them, I have to say I was wrong.

I'm going to amend the Fall of Aureus shortly, and try and look into some of the Blood Crusade stuff. Should've done it ages ago, but I just found it exhausting at the time.

I would be willing to take over the Jackels if need be 

I'd rather not. There's so little foundation to build upon that there's a high risk, if Invictus came back, that the fluff would just be thrown out in favor of his vision.