I imagine Steel Legionnaires would technically be proficient in both Low & High Gothic, being able to share and learn that knowledge through the neural network, but dislike communicating verbally due to it being "slow" compared to their usual near-instant mental communications.

Perhaps demonstrated by very dry, declarative speech when they talk to their cousins, compared to the more casual or poetic tendencies of other Legions

I suggest the Lions speak fluent Gothic, but pepper it with Mycenaen, baffling everyone else.

This was my thought, as it wouldn't make sense for the Lions to struggle with Gothic. I was actually thinking of legions such as the Predators, Eagle Warriors or Steel Legion as less than fluent in gothic

As I said, most of the Predators are comparable with the White Scars in terms of speaking Gothic.

I imagine Steel Legionnaires would technically be proficient in both Low & High Gothic, being able to share and learn that knowledge through the neural network, but dislike communicating verbally due to it being "slow" compared to their usual near-instant mental communications.

Perhaps demonstrated by very dry, declarative speech when they talk to their cousins, compared to the more casual or poetic tendencies of other Legions

Yes! Exactly! Dry, precise, matter-of-fact speech with little-to-no emotion or inflection. :)

Yes! Exactly! Dry, precise, matter-of-fact speech with little-to-no emotion or inflection. :smile.:

This is sort of what I meant. They are perfectly functionally capable when it comes to speaking the language but some things in language, like more poetic turns of phrase, similes etc. could confuse them as they are used to communicating in matter-of-fact speech and not used to things like that.

In seriousness, the 'serkers would likely speak a composite form of Low Gothic. Uran is a prison world encompassing most of the Ghoul Stars worlds' worst, so it'll be a less embellished version of the galactic central's, with a crap-ton of accent varieties.

Guys

Don't know what's going on anymore

TSons return in Fenris part 2

Inferno might be released in December

And now, rumors about the next campaign including DA, Fallen and the Lion

Too much for my wallet. ^^

I can't even decide wether to order the LE Wrath of Magnus version or Inferno first. ^^"

In other news, if I have to work 12+ hrs again tomorrow, expext Doombreed to manifest in Christchurch.

Also, which Legions have their own shipyards? To my knowledge only the Lightning Bearers and Iron Bears do. I'm working on the basis that The Drowned, Berserkers and to a lesser extent Lions will appropriate suitable vessels from defeated enemies

The Grave Stalkers have access to a minor shipyard via the Lasaris Forgeworld, though it is limited in the size of ships it can make (nothing cruiser+ sized).

I would guess that the Void Eagles would have access to shipyards given their fleet's size.

I would also think that the Steel Legion have some ship building capability. Or if not then they would likely modify their ships to fit them and their aesthetics better.

The Steel Legion would probably have their own Shipyards simply because they wouldn't trust anyone else with their unique tech, which would of course be included in the design of their ships to make sure they're up to the Legion's demanding standards.

Huh, now that I think about it the neural network would make boarding a XVIIIth Legion vessel a nightmare for the boarders, an instant ship-wide alert to the boarding, near-instanteous crew reaction time, complete knowledge of how many boarding Torpedos there are and where they've hit, lots & lots of automated defences, just ouch man. :o

Edited by SanguiniusReborn