I should be operating within usual parameters (that is saying not much, but still able to answer a question within 48 hours unless it concerns Vizenko), with a previsible loss of presence in early January due to exams. Still, in the event of a possible unexpected disappearance for more than a month, feel free to assume control of my legions. Having to re-write a canon worked with the Ghosts due to them having nearly no fluff, the Jackals were slightly less elusive, but still distant, but right now I think we've reached a point of non-return. Should I fall, my legions won't, and if I return and see fluff I don't like, feel free to blame my absence.

I'm on vacation at the end of Decembre for Christmas and new year. As I'm staying at home, I'll be here as usual. ^^

Hopefully I'll be able to write something down again, be it for the Predators or something else, depending on my mood. :)

But first of all, I'll devour Angels of Darkness and Wrath of Magnus. ;)

Seeing as I've been pondering titles the Legions ascribe to their own Primarchs in canon (Commander for Horus, Khagan for the Khan) would any of our Legions besides the Lions do the same?

Yucahu is simply the First (Great) Admiral of the Eagles. I think there's a list of Kozja's titles somewhere, it goes on and on as Custodes names would.

Gwalchavad = Avatar of Light. The Emperor is the light. And to the wardens Gwal is the one true embodiement of the Emperors Will to create peace in the galaxy.

Which leads to another motto of the wardens:

Si vis pacem para bellum

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

General Question after reading "Master of Mankind"

Watch out, could contain spoilers

As the emperor views the primarchs in canonverse as weapons and creatures and not as his sons and lacks the warmth (even towards horus who is only number xvith to him) a father should give his sons. What effect does this have to the broverse? Is he exacrly the same? Or is our incarnation of the emperor more understanding and caring?

Yeah, depends on the interpretation of the reader.

To Malcador, he is naming them by their names and calls them sons.

To an AdMec member, he is naming them by number and "it". Why would he call them sons before a being based on logic?

Haven't read it by myself. Will wait for it until its out in German to avoid missing something. But this statement resulted in a HUGE discussion in the BL subforum.

AD-B also said that he doesn't invented the wheel new. There is nothing completely new in it. Well, besides the stuff about Drach'nyen maybe. ^^

Everything covered by the book was mostly already known. Big E is not Big Daddy? Obvious.

He maybe sees his Primarchs as pure weapons? Sure. He let all Thunder Warriors being slaughtered after they'd served their purpose.

Don't think that our Emperor should be different. We need at least one constant thing in our broverse, even if its an ambiguous Emperor. ^^

*edit*

If you got spare time, have a look in the MoM thread within the BL subforum. Within 48 hours, more than 9 pages were written. Enjoy it. ;)

Edited by Kelborn

I can sort of see the point though, I know personally I've always had it that Daer'dd sees himself as a weapon for war and tool for empire building. He is a living being, but he was made with a purpose. So I can see the duality of it without it being a dichotomy.

Author: Sigismund229

Legion: None

Date: 071.M31, Siege of Terra

My sons…

For tens of thousands of years I have been alive and wandered among mankind’s teeming masses. I have seen civilizations rise and fall. I saw the Golden Age of Technology begin and fall down into a smoking ruin. I rose from those ruins and set out from Terra to reunite humanity and usher it into a new Golden Age that will last until the end of days. Never once did I doubt my course. Not until now.

Icarion, Kozja, Jackel, Morro, Koschei, Alexos, Raktra, K’awil, [the Jade General]. Nine of my sons raise their arms against me. Yet they are not wrong to do so and it is my fault that they do. I did not tell them the truth of the warp, of their birth…I sought to protect them from it and in doing so damned them. Oh my sons. Why do you tear me away from myself? I hate the pacts I needed to make to create you with every fibre of my being. There is not a day that goes by when I do not regret creating you. And yet I love you with all my heart.

I have done enough, made enough mistakes. I can already see the outcome of this war. There is only one way in which it can end. That final day, when Icarion charges forth from the webway shall be the beginning of my penance. Every day of my life has been leading up to this point. I could defeat Icarion. I shall not. I shall allow myself to be interred on the Golden Throne. There, I shall suffer and have time to contemplate every one of my mistakes. And by the time of the last days, perhaps my sons will be able to forgive me.

The testimony of the Emperor of Mankind.

Guess I'm gonna need to change this...:cuss

And I was right to ask the question as we already have fluff pieces where Big E is more a fsther. Damn. Thst was a reason for gwal to joim because he protected icarion from gwals powers. Where in canonverse tbat was not the case and gwal was more forced to join and fully aware that he will be used as a weapon and was not in peace with that.

And the emperor must not be exactly the same. He made other decision s in broverse, choose alex and not the firstborn. Explained to alex the chaos threat. I limw the fact that he is here more caring ( even if in the book it is always the interpretation of the one he talks to)

@sigi: if I were you, I wouldn't bother writing another one - the emperor should be so far beyond our comprehension that no-one could even integrate what he writes as a testimony. It is as if a single ant were to write a testimony from the point of view of a human.

This also puts simison's dialogue of big E with alexandros into a bit of doubt no?