I say, what's all this talk of navigators?

I wasn't aware they were mentioned in path of heaven, I'll have to stick myself into it since there was comparatively little information about the canon paternova.

I must ask, is the canon paternova actually a traitor in this case? It sounds to me like he just performs this single act against the good of the whole imperium, but that actually protects the navigator houses: after all, who knows what would happen to the navigator houses once a functional webway was in place. However, I don't know this actually makes the canon paternova a traitor.

On the other hand, our paternova replaces the canon one once that one is destroyed by the psychic scream of the thousand sons and the people of prospero. We also established that he was involved in the creation of navigator space marines (In collaboration with the Drowned) which eventually leads to a battle within the halls of the paternoval palace between the iron bear bodyguard cadre and the experimental navigator marines.

However, we had yet to truly showcase the navigator marines, and this dark glass project seems like the perfect opportunity to try them out (since they are Drowned, they may be commanded directly by morro, as the paternova would prefer a more political way of showing that the webway project is dangerous/expensive/futile, in order for the council to not support the emperor's plans)

Thorn, the Paternova is assumed to have worked for the interest of the Houses (as claimed by his agent) and no one doubts it. Jaghatai takes it to mean that there "had been betrayal before Horus". In fact he raises the possibility of the Navigators being cast aside, though as ever it's left ambiguous.

Sounds promising. Roughly when does it take place in canon?

From what I gather, there are three different Rangdan Xenocides, the first being before the Angels of Death become the Dark Angels, the last one likely pretty late in the Crusade. The one I'll write about takes place in 25.M31, at a time where Ayelat has just been promoted to Despoiler, and has been legionary for just 15 years.

I have to save if we develop something before the Day of Revelation; Daer'dd would side with his allies in the Navigator house and go middle of the road. Not in a pure move against the web way mind you; but that both have their merits and redundancy is best, so why not use both. Defend the Dark Glass and the Navigator House.

Thorn, the Paternova is assumed to have worked for the interest of the Houses (as claimed by his agent) and no one doubts it. Jaghatai takes it to mean that there "had been betrayal before Horus". In fact he raises the possibility of the Navigators being cast aside, though as ever it's left ambiguous.

Cheers :)

Good news chaps, my next hostel is nice and close to work so I don't anticipate losing much time at all. Also I'm going to be considerably less stressed.

Edit: aaaand I spoke too soon. I've been caught out by the Ts & Cs of my visa, which seem to indicate that I have no time left to work in NZ after this month. As a consequence I will be living the "dirtbag" life with a vengeance from the New Year onwards, with my internet access (and possibly my time on the tablet) severely limited.

Edited by bluntblade

I have to save if we develop something before the Day of Revelation; Daer'dd would side with his allies in the Navigator house and go middle of the road. Not in a pure move against the web way mind you; but that both have their merits and redundancy is best, so why not use both. Defend the Dark Glass and the Navigator House.

Hec and the Lions would, without reserve, support the Emperor and so the Webway against the Navigators. Could be an interesting opportunity for some tension between the Lions and Bears.

Gwal would support the emperor as well as he knows the eldar webway from personal experience. But he knows also of the dangers ( the webway doesn't only lead to different worlds but to different times and dimensions as well. But he can see the greater pic behind the creating of a human version.

But he will try to find a solution to satisfy everyone

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Well that was the original idea - the insurrection itself is already chaotic enough without the added complications of the navigator scions war (I can't currently remember the exact terms), I don't think it would add all that much to the subject to make it all the more complicated

I think we change the Paternova and add the subplot without too much problem.

Remember we are rebuilding Warhammer 40,000 which may arguably be one of if not the deepest bits of fiction their is simply because of the amount of people over time that have worked on it.

That being said Thorne would you like to maybe work on a red section for it for a future book?

It's got a lot of good key points

-fighting between The Drowned experimental Navigator Marines and Iron Bear Paternova bodyguard "The Blind"

-Tension between two of the Indomitable Few in Daer'dd and Hectarion

-Destruction of the Dark Glass construct

-infighting in the Navigator houses

Without knowing the full details of it, I'd like to suggest that maybe Daer'dd was assisting in the Dark Glass construct as he's incredibly knowledgeable in Old One technology and the whole thing could happen quickly on Terra only a few years before the Day of Revelation. That's what I was thinking anyway.

If u understood it right, then the dark glass is some.kind of test webway right? Shouldn't Icarion then be involved in the creation of it? I mean in Caninverse it was icarion who had the idea wjth the webway and pushed. It too far hence his legion was destroyed.

Hmm true hadn't considered that aspect; Icarion does have his responsibilities in our universe though already dealing with the Warp and high-tech development isn't really wheel house would be part of the construction of Dark Glass?

I have no doubts he'd know of it. Maybe he let's it slip to the Navigator houses that it's being constructed and he seeds the idea it'll lead to their down fall actually leading to the whole confrontation?

The question is: is the creation of the webway really high tech? I suppose that it is more psytech. Using the warp, creatign a tunnel through it and at the same time shunned it from the warp.

Not sure but in the fall of madrigal icarion discovered a device.which he later had athrawes deliver to the emperor to create the webway. We shouldn't strife to far from athrawes.story in this imho especially as the webway project has an important.role in our universe.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Nah, there is construction going on to make it work; hence the masses of labour involved. You may be confusing it with the Kalium Gate.

Here's a thought though; once Icarion commits to Chaos, destroying Dark Glass becomes a Loyalist priority to prevent his forces from taking the shortcut to Terra.

That was the scrap-code plague, right? That remains the same since that happens before any Loyalist can react to it. Perhaps Zeth's allies...hmmmmm...that experiment she was doing and the Void Dragon beneath Mars. Er, Zeth was immune to it and if she could extend the defenses she had to her allies, they might avoid all damage, but most of Mars won't be safe, I imagine.