That's right, I remember suggesting it to him around the time he announced their name change to Harbingers, a darkening of the white to a storm cloud gray to represent their nature darkening as the Insurrection begins. I don't know if there were any other changes to the scheme though.

Nope, there weren't any updates about it.

Trust me, I devoured his threads several times. ;)

He didn't answered Blunts question about future projects after finishing his TSons force. Will he return? I'm not sure about it. But I'm hoping for the best.

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/1ithim/ive_been_working_on_my_own_space_marine_template/

It's a Photoshop file that requires a lot of editing in order to really customize, which is why I was planning on just doing all 18 and putting them together in a single image. Much like our previous, outdated one. So if you have anything in mind for your example legionnaire, let me know. (i.e. Black visors for Scions, half-skirts for Wardens of Light, etc.)

The Warbringers have the Strelian rune for 9 (glagolitic letter 'Zemlja') where "IX" would normally be written.

Couple of Unification Wars queries - did the Legions indeed take the stage in order of their number, and did Skal call shotgun for one of his Legions to join the Custodes in culling the Thunder Warriors?

-Not necessarily

-Not for the culling of the Thunder Warriors, but for the Assault on Luna (though I don't remember whether I set the Steel Guard or the Morningstars there).

Do we have any order ourselves? I assume that the Ist, as in canon, are the first in both senses.

I think you called the Morning Stars for Luna. On second thoughts I think Demus requested that the Xth take the brunt of the task in culling the Thunder Warriors.

The xiith used experimental armor like terminator armor for their assault on terra.

Terminators with cleaving greatswords. Yea sir!!!!

I don't think the numbers count but who was ready at the time. Some gene seeds had problems and so a legion with for example 2 might not have been ready for the terran crusade but legion xv mifht have a high success rate in creatign astartes and therefore would be ready to conquer terra.

A legion's geneseed is developed in order so Lightning Bearers first, and then legion forces are developed in the same order but based on Geneseed stability is how forces grew on Terra. So our first capable forces on Terra were Lightning Bearers, Halcyon Wardens, and Iron Bears. As the Wardens flaw didn't show up till a bit later.

Nope, there weren't any updates about it.

Trust me, I devoured his threads several times. ;)

Found it;

If I may Athrawes, I'd like to humbly pitch to ideas to you, the first you may have seen mentioned in my suggestions for Icarion's new title in the Book 1 (Alpha) thread. I was re-reading your Lost & Forgotten Thread in the WIP forum and found your old sketch of the Thunder King, I remembered how you'd stated Icarion had recovered his Spear from the vaults of the Thunder King but you never mentioned the fate of the Thunder King himself. Basically I thought a scenario could take place before Pyrrhicles's fleet arrives at Madrigal looking for aid, where Icarion (maybe as a test to himself, maybe on instructions from the Gods) ventures down into the cloud seas of Madrigal and seeks out the Thunder King in his ruined laboratory underneath the vault Icarion stole Thunderchild from so many years ago. Cracking open the long-sealed doors Icarion, much to his shock, finds the Thunder King yet lives, despite the millennia since he vanished in the cataclysm he unleashed upon Madrigal. More machine than flesh, the Thunder King awakens from his slumber and rises from his throne swollen with warp power, outraged at the sight of his Spear in Icarion's grasp. The two clash in a titanic duel that (obviously) Icarion triumphs in, and to signify his victory he tears the Thunder King's crown from his head and takes it for his own, Madrigal needs only one King. Maybe the Crown could be a piece of wargear for Icarion if you ever did a ruleset for a mid-Insurrection Icarion, the Stormlord.

My second idea is far simpler, but given the LBs' recent renaming into the Harbingers (they're still the Lightning Bearers up until the Insurrection begins right? it's like a Luna Wolves-Sons of Horus thing?) I had an idea that if you wanted to alter their colour scheme slightly (either when they're renamed or after Icarion's death) why not exchange their clean white sections for a Stormcloud Gray to signify the darkening of their nature as well as to call to mind the colour of a Storm clouds.

Admittedly he didn't reply tome at the time but he did like my post, so I believe he may have been on board for it, either way it's probably be wise to ask him about it next time we can contact him.

I always assumed that a few companies or even a Chapter or two were developed before deployment to look for any immediate flaws. But the Warriors? How come? Because of being true pariahs or some I missed?

I recall it being stated that they had very high candidate rejection rates during their early years, so few made it to full Legionnaire that they were slated only to support other legions' forces until re-unification with Jade, who managed to find a way of improving the implantation survival rates drastically, allowing their ranks to grow. Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Slithering in from the edge of the galaxy, it's the Dune Serpents!

http://i.imgur.com/FHB6eNp.jpg

Wait, didn't the Serpents change their scheme to a darker purple and bone scheme? I think you've accidentally done their old design... :huh: Edited by SanguiniusReborn

I meant this scheme:

I painted a thing!

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/28/788748_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/28/788744_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/28/788745_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/28/788746_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/28/788747_md-.JPG

Slithering in from the edge of the galaxy, it's the Dune Serpents!http://i.imgur.com/FHB6eNp.jpg

Ooh... *swoons*

Yeah that's really good drak; pretty much what I was going for with the scheme comments. The purple is pretty close to the purple of that model in real life Sang, it's just that my photography skills are mildly lacking... ;)

Really? Aww, I liked the model's scheme better than the original, the yellow shoulders & helm plus the dusky, faded reddish-lavender always looked strange to me. Ah well, your Legion, your choice. Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Since we're discussing colour schemes, I'll chip in with the Mechanicum Abyssii's various schemes (alas there isn't a Mechanicum army painter). The Tech-Priests of Nox on the whole prefer a darker crimson for their robes, rather than the brighter red used by much of the wider Priesthood.

The Ordo Reductor faction of the Abyssii favour dark bronze armour, their Thallax Cohorts and Skitarii bearing a single red pauldron to mark their allegiance to Nox, and use symbols to denote what Taghmata or other unit they are attached to. The Myrmidon cults follow the customs of the Ordo Reductor on the whole, but eschew the identifying pauldrons, each instead proudly displaying their allegiance via the Noosphere

The Legio Cybernetica of Nox prefer burnished steel with some bronze panels, each Automata bearing red left pauldrons to mark their allegiance to the Abyssii, the colour of their right shoulder marking their controlling Archmagos (for instance, the Maniples under the command of Archmagos Mhal have bronze right pauldrons, ones seconded to the Ordo Reductor have crimson right pauldrons).

The Legio Carnifex are painted in red and white, with golden trim, each Princeps displaying their own heraldry on the hull of their titan. The Spectral Lances use green and mottled grey, a relic from their days of stalking vast beasts in the forests of Sulis

The Basilikon Astra Abyssii do not have a single colour scheme, the colours of their ships varying from fleet to fleet