I know I'm jumping ahead a bit but I just had an idea for how the Imperium could be organised following the Icarion Insurrection if we didn't want to go with a Codex Astartes.

We could follow the late roman imperial system. There were the limatanei(border troops) whose job was to slow the enemy down until the comitatanses(the field army) who responded in force to major incursions. The PDF and imperial army could function like the limatanei while the legions functioned like large field armies, not being quick to the scene but being able to tackle all but the largest incursions once they're there.

This would mean that the space marines are still the principal fighting force of the Imperium, with unaugmented humans only being used for garrison duty.

Another thing I thought may be interesting would be, what if the Imperium starts to work like the HRE? Like every time the "warmaster" or "regent" or whatever he's called is killed then the leaders of the various space marine legions/chapters, each of whom have their own fiefdoms and war with each other from time to time, gather to elect a new warmaster?

This would then open the way to things like a 30 years war type event where the warmaster tries to centralise Imperial authority, causing a mass rebellion by various legions/chapters. Or a Warmaster being forced to prioritise certain regions in order to keep the electors happy.

Edited by Sigismund229

Those are some very interesting thoughts. I like it! 

Demus, whenever you have the time, I've tried statting out Alex as the Warmaster. I finished the spear, but I remembered you mentioned how Niklaas would give Alex a custom-built terminator armor. I was curious what kind of bonuses it would have or what gadgets it might have?

To everyone, with classes and me trying to bring the Warriors of Peace up to speed, I have one question: where are we? 

We have lots of solid outlines for several events along with a growing body of short stories. But I'm not sure we have anything (besides the individual legions being finished) that we can say is done. Note, this is not a complaint, think of it as a status check. I'm not going anywhere, and I suspect if any of you were going to definitively leave, it'd already happen. So, time is not against us, but as I'm finding a new equilibrium between project time and school time, I'd like to hear where we are. 

I've got a rough outline of the Crimson Lions organization, tactics etc. as well as a vague idea pf what they're up to during the insurrection.

Currently I'm working on the Crimson Lions exemplary battles and such as well as trying to nail down in my mind exactly how many of them there are...

Edited by Sigismund229

Well, I Jump around. A the Moment i work on too things fluffwise. First the brothership between the eagle Warriors and the Wardens of Light, and then i have a Rough idea how it ended :)

But it all Consumes Time. And as i paint and Model, i don't habe Time. Then Rules etc. Time, where Art thou?

Then i geht depressed on a regular Basis cause Nobody Seems interested in my Stuff ( except Alexos ^^) so I Do Otter things First.

AND: i don't think, that our Project is a linear project. There will always Happen new things in Different times. We can only discuss a Rough Outline and try to Advance and connect our Stories, so that they make a logical whole.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Demus, whenever you have the time, I've tried statting out Alex as the Warmaster. I finished the spear, but I remembered you mentioned how Niklaas would give Alex a custom-built terminator armor. I was curious what kind of bonuses it would have or what gadgets it might have?

Will do.

Where are stats for the Spear? I can't seem to find them.

Will do.

Where are stats for the Spear? I can't seem to find them.

Here you go:

Range      S          AP         Type

Spear of Terra            -        +1/+2*       1          Melee, Force, Lance, Master-crafted

*The Spear of Terra provides +2 to strength in the first round of any combat and a +1 to strength in successive rounds.

How about this as a rough cronology for events?

800.M30. The Space Marine legions are created and the Great Crusade begins.

820.M30. Icarion, primarch of the Lightning Bearers, is found.

870.M30. The last primarch is found and re united with his legion.

950.M30. Leman Russ and Magnus the Red go missing. All records of their legions existence is expunged.

000.M31. The Qarith triumph. The Emperor returns to Terra, leaving his son Alexandros as Warmaster.

007.M31. The Icarion Insurrection begins.

014.M31. The Icarion Insurrection ends, leaving the Imperium a flaming ruin.

How about this as a rough cronology for events?

800.M30. The Space Marine legions are created and the Great Crusade begins.

820.M30. Icarion, primarch of the Lightning Bearers, is found.

870.M30. The last primarch is found and re united with his legion.

950.M30. Leman Russ and Magnus the Red go missing. All records of their legions existence is expunged.

000.M31. The Qarith triumph. The Emperor returns to Terra, leaving his son Alexandros as Warmaster.

007.M31. The Icarion Insurrection begins.

014.M31. The Icarion Insurrection ends, leaving the Imperium a flaming ruin.

Good Timeline. Insurrection Took 7 years? Isn't thst a bit too Long?

Well I mean despite what we've seen in the HH books so far it wasn't all losses for the Loyalist forces for those 7 years either. And Had Horus just marched to Terra as is, he might not have been able to hurt the Emperor at all for all we know. The Emperor might have just in his said drop your weapons and Horus wouldn't be able resist.

That being said the Insurrection could actually last a bit longer because of the chaos of are Primarchs (no pun intended).

Well it's hard to say, because even "undermanned" Terra is insane to assault, Custodes are legion and have serious numbers at this point, the Sister of Silence, the Solar Auxila, the Saturnine Hoplites, Knights and Titans by hundreds. Add in Alexandros is already there, the Iron Bears have a large envoy of them and support troops/knight/Titans headed there.

Icarion is incredibly smart and with his foresight he might bid his time more so to amass his forces strengths and see a number of his brothers ascend into Daemon Primarchs. That's just my opinion though