On Gwals re-roll. I think you should consider changing it to a flat out 3+. The probabilities work out the same and it makes for less odd interactions with certain special rules (mainly thinking Sigi's challenge ability, but there might be others). Also makes it more streamlined, which is usually good too.

I don't think that's how Gwal's invuln works. The way I read it is he gets to re-roll the failed invuln on a separate roll of 5+. i.e., if he fails an invuln, he rolls a D6, and on a 5 or 6 he gets to roll his 4+ invuln again.

The probability works out to be slightly less than 2/3:

1/2 + (1/2 * 1/3 * 1/2) = 7/12

2/3 = 8/12

Demus, I've been thinking on Alex's Warmaster armor. His current armor gives him 24 inch range for Deny the Witch tests and +1 Perils. Now, the +1 Perils is one of the key traits of a Warden, so I think that should stay. 

Now, since you featured my little blurb on Alex's involvement of the Martian Civil War, it gave me an idea. How about giving his powers a range bonus? Say, 6 or 12 inches. And, the ultimate upgrade for any psyker in 7th is the ability to use warp charges on a better roll. 

Alex is currently 450 points with 2+/4++, which is essentially rerollable thanks to his Duelist rule. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bump up the invul save, which leaves you free range to throw the points into the psyker side. At most, I don't want Alex to be worth more than 500 points since that's the canon Warmaster's point cost.

I wouldn't mind having some interaction with them. Unlike his legion who Morro feels little to no affiliation with, the Mechanicum, in particular those who deal with Biological enhancement and modification (I'm unsure if the Biologis subdepartment were around at the time of the Heresy canonically) are ones who he admires and appreciates their forthrightness, to the extent that he has made the mistake with some of the more charismatic and politically motivated upper echelon Mechanicum officials use him as leverage to increase their standing, treating the drowned as their own personal fighting force.

Of course, the rest of the legion just sees this as being chosen to hit specific targets for their skills in the crusade, and appreciate having lots of Castellax and Vorax aid them.

The first contact with a legion who is not too fond of mars could be interesting, especially if this branch of mechanicum could develop strong ties with them.

Gwal is suspicious because all mars has to offer are tools of destruction. But Maybe he finds something else here

A clash could be very interesting, a forward scout party getting mauled by Rulebreaker weaponry, a lone survivor limping back to the fleet to tell the tale would be a good way to highlight the raw power of Rulebreaker munitions and would give due cause for a heated discussion over how to approach the situation, rather than a simple retaliatory strike by the crusade fleet.

Ok people, I need two primarchs to be present at the discovery of Hectarion. Anyone want to volounteer their primarch? Bear in mind that Hectarion and his army of tribesmen attacks the Imperials when they first land on Mycenae so it might be best if it wasn't a primarch he's supposed to get on well with