Well as a side step to the pariah discussion.

The "themes" of legion was mentioned in a post somewhere along the way.

And that got me thinking.

Do the other frater see a clear theme or themes within the Fire Keepers?

I'm trying to hone some characters and rules and I feel as though I'm missing a clear theme.

Edited by Demus Ragnok

Hmmm. I see them as Witchhunters. Not really the siege and defense masters. But that is due that the hate for sykers is more fleshed out. So they hate psykers and are fearful of them. Wouln't surprise me, if they built the inquisition.

So how about a witchhunter unit? Or a character who is master of cold chicken? ( hope you understand the reference)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Hmmm. I see them as Witchhunters. Not really the siege and defense masters. But that is due that the hate for sykers is more fleshed out. So they hate psykers and are fearful of them. Wouln't surprise me, if they built the inquisition.

So how about a witchhunter unit? Or a character who is master of cold chicken? ( hope you understand the reference)

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. The witch hate needs to be a paragraph not the entire story.

Fortresses kept the people of the Fire Keepers home world safe before the hunt for the witches began.

I have work to do.

Well than build on that. Free roaming psykers who are a great danger cause d rhe popularion to built fortresses but they were often destroyed. Until niklaas inventes a way to fortify them and in the long turn solved the witch problem.

So maybe the fire keepers were called after a world was reclaimned by the empire and they built a gsrnisson were the halycon wardens then reside. Or other ganison types

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

So, while we're on themes, I didn't make the Warden theme too hidden, did I?

I get defenders of humanity with a dash of ancient Greek. And diplomacy first break things second.

That's most of it. 

And colored Alex is up, along with legion symbol confusions.

Hello all,

This is in fact my first post on the B&C. :ph34r.:

I have long lurked around the Lost Primarch threads, but (rather surprisingly) only just came across the Brotherhood of the Lost section. 

Now I have yet to read through umpteen million threads of info in this section, however I have a question. 

On the first page of this thread there is the list of all the current Primarchs in this alt-universe, now I have a lost Primarch in the works, something a little different than any I have come across (most are much better than mine :wacko.: ) however the list on the first page is "full" XX  alternative Primarchs/legions for the XX Primarchs/Legions of the canon verse. Does this mean that it would be best that I just put my Primarch in my own little version the anon-verse (something I will probably do anyway as many others seem to have) and leave the Brotherhood to proceed down the great path it is on?

Thats all for now, Thanks for all answers in advance. :smile.:

Edited by T'Karon

We are indeed full of legions, unfortunately. If you want to continue developing your lost legion attempt, it should be done outside of this project. However, if you want to add to this project, we still have the Grand Council and all of the possibilities there. 

I've updated the Great Crusade exemplary battle list. (Say that three times fast.) I came up with a name for one of the them (Abelard) since it lacked one. Did I miss one? Are there more hiding in the individual legion threads? Sorry for not being more active. School's being a pain. 

There are two formats. The more common one is to have 3 separate battles, each of them a quick snapshot of a legion aspect. The other is one long campaign that encapsulates the legion culture (Salamanders is an example).

For writing tips, my biggest suggestion is to read the canon examples. If you don't have the FW books, then maybe find a PDF. At the very least, feel free to read the Wardens' example. I based it directly off of FW. When I get to the Warriors, I'll do the single campaign version.

All that talk about book VI in the Age of Darkness subforum, and me re-reading the wikis on the Lost Legions, led to me somehow correlating both in a nod to these two chapters, as our equivalent to Knights Errant and Blackshields, respectively. Feel free to reject, add, or modify, I'm just sowing vague ideas.

⋅Valedictors
These warriors who said farewell to their legion, out of loyalty or shame, and now uphold the word of the Warmaster.
(Though without any Istvaan-like event we can hardly have a Garro-equivalent to warn Terra of the treachery. Will need some work there.)

⋅Rainbow Warriors
Astartes without allegiance, each plate of their armour painted a different colour to hide their former identity – or merely hastily salvaged from fallen foes.

Might need some working 'Rainbow' is a bit nonce-y and fairy like. 'Prismatic' or even keeping the Blackshield name. I thonk keeping blackshields and the shattered legions is the way forward.

There is no necessity to be 'different because different'. We still have Custodes for example, Imperial Army (and their relevant regiments like the old one hundred).

Having direct analogy opposites can cheapen the setting slightly. Renaming something doesn't really make it more imaginative.

Legions after all get still get Shattered, with the Thousand Sons and the Space wolves eliminated, but there likely still survivors, while the Drowned among others go through a wholescale schism.