Having direct analogy opposites can cheapen the setting slightly. Renaming something doesn't really make it more imaginative.

At second thought after some rest, this is sound advice. Especially whatever justification I felt for the name "Rainbow Warriors" is just shoehorning something where it doesn't really work.

My chart isn't complete. I'm still waiting on the following relationships:

• Lightning Bearers - Iron Bears, Berserkers of Uran, Fire Warriors, Eagle Warriors, The Drowned, Warriors of Peace, Stygian Jackals, Ghost Walkers, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Void Eagles - Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Halcyon Wardens - Ghost Walkers
  • Iron Bears - Berserkers of Uran,Fire Keepers, Eagle Warriors, The Drowned, Warriors of Peace, Stygian Jackals, Ghost Walkers, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Berserkers of Uran - Fire Keepers, Eagle Warriors, Dune Serpents, The Drowned, Warriors of Peace, Stygian Jackals, Ghost Walkers, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Godslayers - Ghost Walkers, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Warbringers - Stygian Jackals, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Fire Keepers - Ghost Walkers
  • Wardens of Light - Ghost Walkers
  • Eagle Warriors - The Drowned, Warriors of Peace, Stygian Jackals, Ghost Walkers
  • Dune Serpents - Ghost Walkers, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • The Drowned - Warriors of Peace, Stygian Jackals
  • Warriors of Peace - Stygian Jackals, Ghost Walkers, Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Stygian Jackals - Ghost Walkers
  • Ghost Walkers - Mechanicum, Imperial Army
  • Mechanicum - Imperial Army

To save myself some typing I have only posted each relationship once as they are symetrical regardless. I also wanted to check whether we intend to keep the Imperial Army/Mechanicum relationship the same before I put it in the table. Also if someone has posted these before I apologise for missing it, but I am only human and do miss things on occasion :tongue.:.

Edit: Will update the above list as I add them to my ally matrix

Edited by Grifftofer

I believe that Hesh volunteered to do the layout and things. I have offered my assistance as well as my resources to help if he wants it/them though.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd

Alright. If I remember right (this time), Hesh had wanted to do three books, and you had an idea of which legions would be in each book? Did he confirm that list or is that part still up in the air?

a i loved the idea, i copycat it:

Book 1

• Lightning Bearers
  • Grave Stalkers
  • Godslayers
  • Iron Bears
  • Eagle Warriors
  • Scions Hospitaller

Book 2

• Berserkers of Uran
  • The Drowned
  • VoidEagles
  • Stygian Jackals
  • Warbringers
  • Warriors of Peace

Book 3

• Wardens of Light
  • Halcyon Wardens
  • Fire Keepers
  • Crimson Lions
  • Dune Serpents
  • Ghost Walkers

This would give each 'book' one of the earliest Legions that started off this project as a draw (Raktra's, Athrawes's and Simison's), It also gives a bit of a theme to each book. The first is the initial betrayal where we have more insurrectionists as it seems that they are going to overrun everything. Next comes the entirety of the Gene-revelutionaries departure from the insurrectionist forces as well as the Jackals' increasing disquiet and possible leaving too. Then the last would bringing everything together, with Gwalchavad coming out of his neutrality and the final battle on Terra with the Warmaster himself leading the defenses.

so i am strongly for this.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Thanks, Mikhal.

While I agree that the 3 signature legions should be spread out as we see here, I'm curious about the other legion choices. Some of them are obvious. Iron Bears, Grave Stalkers, and Eagle Warriors in the first book. Jackals, Warbringers, and Warriors in the second. Wardens of Light and Fire Keepers in the third.

The rest I'm curious about. What were the thoughts there?

Warriors of Peace -

Lightning Bearers - Battle Brothers. Thinking the two Asian themed legions would have a good relationship. Jade appreciates Icarion's grace and superiority in command. Add a few decades of reliable shared combat duty and Jade has little reason to distrust Icarion.